No announcement yet.

thinking of cutting the cord....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd go back to the cord if they'd let me pick only the channels I wanted, and none of the channels I didn't pay for would ever show up on the guide. No more advertising in the guide at all. But I'd let them put one channel on there that I could check every now and again for any new channels that came out that I might be interested in. And if the price was reasonable, say $30 per month. If they can't meet that then they can't get bent. They're way behind times.
    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      I'd go back to the cord if they'd let me pick only the channels I wanted, and none of the channels I didn't pay for would ever show up on the guide. No more advertising in the guide at all. But I'd let them put one channel on there that I could check every now and again for any new channels that came out that I might be interested in. And if the price was reasonable, say $30 per month. If they can't meet that then they can't get bent. They're way behind times.
      "Corded" can't do ala carte, because the cable company is paying for all the crappy channels with the good channels as well.

On that note, has Sling TV been mentioned?
      Ditch cable & stream live TV for the best price with Sling. Watch live news, sports, movies, and entertainment + top channels like ESPN, TNT, TBS and more.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• That's what we use, SlingTV via the Spectrum internet service.

Comment

• So as typical Charter's customer service people are completely clueless. When I turned in my boxes I asked about upgrading my internet speed. I was on their 60 meg service using their provided modem. The rep at the store told me their base package was 100 meg then he changed the story to I had to bring in my modem and pay $20 more per month for 100 meg.

I went home and tested my speed and the upload was at 10 (from a high of 5-6) but download was still 55-62. So yesterday I log into my account and open a chat session. That rep told me they only have 100 meg and 300 available at my home. It'd be $40 more per month for the 300 service plus a $199 install fee. Amazingly enough my speed is now 96-97 down and 10-12 up without swapping out my modem.

If I do a speedtest while watching TV it'll freeze the screen for a few seconds. Otherwise I've had 4 TVs on and a feed on my PC and it worked fine.

Comment

• My wife just dropped off the cable boxes back to Charter. Lady at the counter told her if we wait 30 days, we will be considered a "new" customer again and get the new customer rate like we got initially. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
              So as typical Charter's customer service people are completely clueless. When I turned in my boxes I asked about upgrading my internet speed. I was on their 60 meg service using their provided modem. The rep at the store told me their base package was 100 meg then he changed the story to I had to bring in my modem and pay $20 more per month for 100 meg.

I went home and tested my speed and the upload was at 10 (from a high of 5-6) but download was still 55-62. So yesterday I log into my account and open a chat session. That rep told me they only have 100 meg and 300 available at my home. It'd be $40 more per month for the 300 service plus a $199 install fee. Amazingly enough my speed is now 96-97 down and 10-12 up without swapping out my modem.

If I do a speedtest while watching TV it'll freeze the screen for a few seconds. Otherwise I've had 4 TVs on and a feed on my PC and it worked fine.
              They told me that 100 was only for business customers and people who bundled. I'll have to call them back and chew on them a little bit.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

• We just dumped cable and got a Premium Box, $120 a year for 90% of the cable channels out there today, all the movies, all the tv shows, love it. Goodbye Time Warner.

Comment

• Premium box? Details?

Comment

Working...
                  X