No announcement yet.

Picked up a new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a pos, give you $250 for it.

Comment

I've been pissed off several times and just bought new jets. Amazing how well that fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        "Should have waited and bought the 2016" - Vitards
        Just saw this. Lol.
        Originally posted by soap
        i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Has he checked flow rate of the fuel valve. Gas cap venting. 7 years with gas in a tank could goop up the fuel valve and gas cap

As far as the 350 I bought I hope I can stay off it enough the finish my galaxie chassis

Comment

Kingjason- have you tried hitting it?

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
              Has he checked flow rate of the fuel valve. Gas cap venting. 7 years with gas in a tank could goop up the fuel valve and gas cap

As far as the 350 I bought I hope I can stay off it enough the finish my galaxie chassis
              He had it hooked to what only could be described as a IV bottle with fuel in it.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Looks like mine!!

Comment

You mean the fact that they are both orange? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                    Looks like mine!!

Which recluse do you have. I had a z-start pro in one of my old kawi 450's and loved it. I've put a few of the core clutches in customers bikes but they hated the extra clutch pull. I know the core exp isn't nearly as stiff feeling

By the way I'm a dealer for rekluse

Comment

the z start is almost like traction control. on lap 4 of an xc race it is great, and on laps 5 and 6 it feels like the best decision you ever made. i just never could get log crossings right because it never had that hard initial bite i needed to get the front end up. as i got faster i hated that hesitation, of course maybe if i had the patience to adjust it it would have been better. it made the bike pull like a tractor on choppy hills and really easy to control on slick conditions.

the core exp was way better for me when i picked up speed, especially when i rode motocross. take a couple of bites from the the clutch in loamy corners and let the 450 pull right out. i liked the exp more than the z start because i could actually use the clutch as a clutch. timing when exiting corners i was much more consistent. it still had a tiny bit of hesitation and slippage when you got on the gas hard.

i have yet to put a rekluse in my latest bike. i just like the plain clutch too much. now that honda went back to six spring, i have no real complaints. if i actually start to get into racing again, mostly xc, then i might think about it. a core exp though, i did like how you could have it somewhat set like a slipper clutch and it would be more like my cr going into corners.

i am just an average dirty thirty class rider. if i could hold my shit together i might keep the xc experts in sight for a lap or two, but i could not hold that speed without throwing my shit on the ground somewhere. i guess if i had to label my motocross speed, mid pack vet b... i say all that so you have context to my opinions.

Comment

I bought a 15 yz250f a while back. I haven't been riding much the past 4-5yrs and I want to get back in it. The 250s don't have the power my 450s did but I have a few mods to fix that.
                        GYTR ported head
                        Crower cams
                        276cc big bore
                        Vortex ignition
                        Hinson clutch
                        FMF RCT 4.1 system
                        Magura hydro clutch
                        Braking Osize rotor
                        Etc...
                        Spent almost as much in mods as I paid for the bike. [emoji15]
                        Crappy thing is I'm hearing about people snapping the rods in these bikes so I'm gonna have to split the cases and replace the crank/rod on a bike with zero hours. [emoji19]
                        ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429399177.299288.jpg

Comment

Nice bike, Dave! I was wondering if you were still riding after that knee injury you posted about a few years ago.
                          Last edited by Mike; 04-21-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Nice bike, Dave! I was wondering if you were still riding after that knee injury you posted about a few years ago.
                            Knee injury or get off in the air? I thought ole Dave went down hard some where. I took a injection to the knee the other day and holy shit it hasn't felt this good in years. MRI results today. Another reason I should have bought a damn electric start.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Knee injury or get off in the air? I thought ole Dave went down hard some where. I took a injection to the knee the other day and holy shit it hasn't felt this good in years. MRI results today. Another reason I should have bought a damn electric start.
                              High speed get off that injured the knee.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...knee+torn+dave

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                                Which recluse do you have. I had a z-start pro in one of my old kawi 450's and loved it. I've put a few of the core clutches in customers bikes but they hated the extra clutch pull. I know the core exp isn't nearly as stiff feeling

By the way I'm a dealer for rekluse

I've got the Core 3.0. I've had the Rekluse Pro in my last several bikes, this is my first Rekluse Core. It definitely grabs harder, which I like most of the time. Log hopping is no problem. From what I understand the Core 3.0 retains the stock clutch lever feel, unlike the Pro. I converted my clutch lever into a left hand rear brake, so no clutch lever for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X