No announcement yet.

thinking of cutting the cord....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be glad to have as many people as possible leave cable. People are getting dumb, shits out of control.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      Nate, do like I did to see if you will like it.

Get an OTA antenna and hok it up to 1 TV. Watch it for a week, and do not watch cable. I did that with the wife to see if she'd hate it or not. She was OK with cutting DirecTv, no regrets!
      Think I'm going to order one of those today.

Comment

one issue with sling.tv is that you only get to use one device at a time per sling.tv account, so if you have more than one person in the house who wants to watch something that's only on sling at the same time, you have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          one issue with sling.tv is that you only get to use one device at a time per sling.tv account, so if you have more than one person in the house who wants to watch something that's only on sling at the same time, you have a problem.
          Not a problem if you use your pimp hand.

Comment

i'd love to shitcan the $160/mo FIOS we have, but i pretty sure Jr would suffer a nervous breakdown if he was unable to get the Full House re-runs that are on our tv constantly.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

And the lack of DVR
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Sling.TV will mainly be used for sports...and it's my house so the GF can deal with it if she's over.

Comment

I've always wanted to try cutting the cord...at least until The Walking Dead comes back on.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    I've always wanted to try cutting the cord...at least until The Walking Dead comes back on.
                    That's why you get Sling, or wait until the following year when they are on some free service.

Sling gives you live ESPN, TNT, AMC and a few others, so you can watch Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, etc. live each week.

So there's so much other shit to watch if you really want to watch TV, you won't miss it.

Comment

I still pay for U-Verse, but plan on cutting the cord soon. I'm having to convince the wife first. We haven't really watched much at all on regular TV lately.

My Setup:

I use a Drobo 5n for storage, plus to run a plex server + newsfeeds (Sabnzbd/sickbeard/coutchpotato). 2 of my TV's have a Roku 3, 1 has a Roku 2, and 1 Firestick. I love the Roku's - especially the headphone remotes so I can watch TV while the wife is sleeping. The firestick has a SHITTY antenna, and where I use it in my office it's hit or miss. I do not recommend it, luckily I only paid $20 for it as a pre-sale deal.

I typically have to wait a day before my shows are downloaded off the news feeds, but it's pretty much all automatic and awesome. I pay $11 a month for Astraweb, and $10 (?) for Netflix. I had hulu, but just couldn't stomach the commercials. What I get from newsfeeds already has the commercials stripped, and now even using a DVR to skip ahead is painful.

I think I'll finally pull the plug in the next month or two.
                      DamonH

Comment

I did back in like Nov or Dec. Sucked at first month but now I don't even think about it anymore.

I'm glad it's gone honestly
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

While cable TV still has some great shows, you no longer need to pay through the nose to get them — not when you can cut the cord.

Comment

I still want to know if they have odd, random shit that you can find on Dish such as "Monsters and Mysteries in America".
                            WH

Comment

$50/month for Internet

$65/month for Direct tv w/dvr/on demand

We could probably do without cable, but saving $30 a month (if we added netflix, etc) isn't really worth it to me. With 2 5yr old boys it's nice having cable. We like to watch random shows some as well.

Comment

Netflix, hulu plus, antenna, and watch espn app

Don't miss anything about cable tv. About 65 a month for internet, Netflix, and hulu plus. Was paying $140.

Comment

Working...
                                X