No announcement yet.

Peragon bed covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone with a Bak bed cover need a Bak Box? I bought one from a forum, planning to buy a cover soon after but I decided against a bed cover and this Bak Box is just sitting here collecting dust....

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Just curious but what are the down falls of the Bakflip?
      I'm on my second one in four years. All the hardware seems to vibrate loose, the clips that store the rods when your aren't using them to prop it open last about 6 months and break. Any size hail will dent it, replaced my last one because of dents and a storm came through, didn't even hail enough to know it hailed and ended up with about 10 dents in the new one.

That being said I still like the covers and I was able to sell my dented one for more than I paid for the newer one I picked up used and all the new one needed was new $20 seals from bakflip

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        Does anyone with a Bak bed cover need a Bak Box? I bought one from a forum, planning to buy a cover soon after but I decided against a bed cover and this Bak Box is just sitting here collecting dust....
        Message me what you are asking for it.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        I'm on my second one in four years. All the hardware seems to vibrate loose, the clips that store the rods when your aren't using them to prop it open last about 6 months and break. Any size hail will dent it, replaced my last one because of dents and a storm came through, didn't even hail enough to know it hailed and ended up with about 10 dents in the new one.

That being said I still like the covers and I was able to sell my dented one for more than I paid for the newer one I picked up used and all the new one needed was new $20 seals from bakflip
        Coming up on a year with mine and I've been pretty happy with it. Haven't seen any issues with the hardware coming loose but I have had the rods get knocked around a little when I'm carrying firewood in the bed and have it stacked up kinda high.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
          I've had one of the Bak-Industries rolling covers for ~5 years or so now and have been happy with it. On my 5.5 foot bed I didn't want to give up any more of the already limited bed space when it's open, and I don't like how the back-flip blocks the back window when fully opened. The version I have is the Roll-X, but looks like they changed the name to Revolver or something:

For superior bed protection without encroaching on cargo space, check out RealTruck’s selection of roll-up tonneau covers.

Was camping at Tyler State Park recently and the Raccoons did a bit of a number on it, but they didn't get in!
          My last truck that was stolen a few months ago had their roll up and I loved it so I decided to get the same one for my 07. I just bought the RevolverX2 last week for the same reasons.

I also didn't like how it leans against the back window(even though it does have pads on the cover to cushion the glass). The one demo they had was on a Tundra and it leaned against 3rd brake light, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

Haven't seen any issues with the hardware coming loose but I have had the rods get knocked around a little when I'm carrying firewood in the bed and have it stacked up kinda high.
            To be fair I'm not exactly easy on my trucks either, it sees some rough roads and about 20-25k miles a year.

Comment

Installed my peragon yesterday. I LOVE it so far. Install was tedious but simple. Cover functions great so far and seems to be very well built. I will post some pictures tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                There are remote control bed covers, roll up canister style. I think Pace Edwards makes them.
                jeezis its $2500.

Guess I'm not as lazy as I thought
                WH

Comment

You can get a manual pace Edwards roll up for a lot less.

Comment

I just went with a cheap folder from Summit. I may learn to hate it, but it works for now.

Comment

just got back from the beach and i LOVE this bed cover. I really like the double locking feature where it hooks on both sides. Just leave stuff in the bed and not mess with lugging it in and out and feel very secure with the tailgate locked too. It looks pretty sharp as well. Will still take some pics and post soon.

Comment

I've been looking at hard or solid bed covers for my truck. May I request a 6 month review update (and pics) of your Peragon bed cover?

Comment

anyone need one for a 16 to 18 F150 6.7Ft bed? I got a very nice hard bakflip I am selling.

Comment

Just put a Peragon cover on my bed two weeks ago then took the daily to Denver and back. Also did some sight seeing in the mountains on some mining roads. This cover kept everything secure and dry. It’s also quiet on the road and looks great.

Comment

I'm lazy and use a rollup with frame/cross supports (not velcro) - works well and kids can operate it. I will say that Peragon for 799 seems like a pretty good value. I'd go with the raised one for coolers - I keep one in my truck (65qt pelican) and it's easy enough to avoid the supports, just be better to not worry at all about them.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X