TPMS sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS sensors

Wife’s 07 Tahoe is dinging about tire pressure but the tires have plenty of air. One sensor doesn’t give a reading and the other shows zero pressure. Rockauto shows sensors are about $30 depending on if you want the snap in or screw on kind. If I change them do I need to have a tool to set them to the car? I’ve never jacked with these

Theres a procedure you can do through the cluster if i remember right to program the new sensors in so you wont need the tool but it helps :-)

Comment

I've got 2-3 TPMS sensors from an 8 lug wheel that was only available during 07-10 if you want to try them

Comment

Discount tire can program the new ones if there is no console option. They did it for free on my dads Ram.

Comment

Already been through this bs. Take it to discount have them do it. Without a scanner it’s a pain. Plus tire needs to be pulled back to get to them. You can try to relearn them yourself. Scroll through your display select tire relearn. Procedure on internet

Comment

I’ve got a tire machine at the house so I can swap them out. Anybody recommend a tool to set them? Might be worth having as most cars have those sensors?

Comment

To relearn the procedure you turn on the engine. Then hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote at the same time for a couple of seconds. The vehicle will honk twice which means the TPMS system is now ready to relearn.

Without a reset tool, you start letting out air from the valve stem on the driver front tire first. After a bit the vehicle will honk. Then proceed to the passenger front and let out air out. Then after that honks procceed to the passenger rear. Then once that honk, proceed to the driver rear tire. Once completed the vehicle should honk twice.

The TPM light still might be on or flashing after being competed. Turn the vehicle off and then restart and see if the light is on or off. Usually that'll turn the light off.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                Already been through this bs. Take it to discount have them do it. Without a scanner it’s a pain. Plus tire needs to be pulled back to get to them. You can try to relearn them yourself. Scroll through your display select tire relearn. Procedure on internet
                I just replaced one at Discount Tire on my 07 Sierra a couple of months ago. $65 well spent than trying to save a few bucks doing it myself. Of course, they have the scanner to program it too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  I’ve got a tire machine at the house so I can swap them out. Anybody recommend a tool to set them? Might be worth having as most cars have those sensors?
                  Why the fuck do you have a tire machine at the house?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    I just replaced one at Discount Tire on my 07 Sierra a couple of months ago. $65 well spent than trying to save a few bucks doing it myself. Of course, they have the scanner to program it too.
                    By the time it all said and done a couple bux is about all it’s gonna be. One of the jobs I will let someone else have

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                      Why the fuck not, I can mount and balance my own shit and my buddies. Pretty handy when you find cheap tires and can mount and balance them yourself

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        Why the fuck not, I can mount and balance my own shit and my buddies. Pretty handy when you find cheap tires and can mount and balance them yourself

I've been picking up sweet deals on wheels and tires lately and interchanging them. A fucking tire machine and balancer in the garage would be badass

Comment

Less than $60, an hour of my time and a little sweat and I’ve got 2 new working/communicating tpms sensors and the wife doesn’t have a tire light on. Thanks philsanity for the relearn info

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                            Probably for the same reason I do, it was a good deal that I couldn't pass up on. Now if I just knew how to use the damn thing......
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I feel like this is a setup but if there’s pussy involved I’ll come show ya

Comment

Working...
                              X