Corvette C8 Official Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post
    fuck yeah! i bet Chevrolet will eventually make a shit ton of these. Btw who wants a regular corvette now when it's hot sister is out? All corvettes suck compared to the new hotness!
    I actually like the outgoing Stingrays. And as everyone knows, GM needs a year or four to get shit right.
    I would buy a '19 on the cheap and and trade in on a new Vette in 2023, most Vettes with low miles still get good money a few years down the road...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      Can you imagine in 20 yrs this car will be sitting on Jim Bob's used car lot? it's gonna be awesome getting a rear engine vette used for $25,000
      Can you imagine wanting a C5 today? Regardless of the new engine placement, it'll still be a 20 year old car at that point, and will pale in comparison with the current model. The mid-engine newness will be long gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Can you imagine wanting a C5 today? Regardless of the new engine placement, it'll still be a 20 year old car at that point, and will pale in comparison with the current model. The mid-engine newness will be long gone by then.
        Yes. There are still lower mileage examples available. My brother picked up a 50K mile C5Z last year for cheap. It's not a daily, but he hasn't had any issues to deal with.

Comment

Can you imagine wanting a C5 today?

I still want an Arctic White C5 FRC

Comment

I'm not sure on this yet. There are certainly more desirable generations of vette (clearly evidenced by the C4)...but the C8 ie also likely wrapping up the tail end of ICE dominance. I dont think C5 is an accurate comparison here.

Comment

my next door neighbor is putting twins on his c5, and it hit me that they will be 25 years old soon.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The 1999 is a C5, thus the 20 year old comparison. Some of you may want one as a toy, but it's surely not got the luster in your mind that you are attaching to this new vette for when it's that old. The fact that it's mid-engine will have long faded in 20 years.

Comment

The 1999 is a C5, thus the 20 year old comparison. Some of you may want one as a toy, but it's surely not got the luster in your mind that you are attaching to this new vette for when it's that old. The fact that it's mid-engine will have long faded in 20 years.
                  98 even.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Let's see if the C8 causes more automakers to build mid engine cars before we start poo-pooing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Let's see if the C8 causes more automakers to build mid engine cars before we start poo-pooing it.
                      I'm not poo-pooing it, just being real. The original ZR1 had had my teenage self frothing at the mouth, and other than collectability, it's nothing special by today's standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        I'm not poo-pooing it, just being real. The original ZR1 had had my teenage self frothing at the mouth, and other than collectability, it's nothing special by today's standards.
                        That's because technology made it cheaper and easier to meet or exceed those performance #'s.

Comment

• I'm loving the looks of the C8. Dare to dream for me, though.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            If you go by age alone a 69 camaro should be cheaper than a 91...but there are just some generations of cars that are more desireable.

I also think in 20 years, the C8 is going to be one of the absolute best bang for the buck track cars. So while it wont beat a C10...it will definitely beat anything else in its price range. I think that's the whole point if everyone getting excited for it. The C5 wasnt designed to be near the track car of the C8.

But even at that...I've always considered old vettes to be one of the best bang for the buck track cars.

When I say track...I mean a real track...with turns in 2 directions.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              The worst part about being tall is not being able to fit in cars that I want to drive. I can usually make it work but there are a few cars that I have gotten in and not been able to close the door because my knee is sticking out.
                              Lmmfao. There is a problem I’ll never have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                                Lmmfao. There is a problem I’ll never have.
                                Surprised you don’t use books when you drive!

Comment

Working...
                                X