Tips for shaved head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for shaved head?

I shaved my head about a month ago and ended up getting a lot of ingrown hairs on the back of my head. I let my hair grow back out until the ingrown hairs went away and went and had my head shaved today at a barber shop. Anyone have any tips for keeping it shaved without getting ingrown hairs?

Use a beard trimmer w/no guard. No ingrowns FTW!

Comment

Use a fresh razor, maybe even a headblade brand razor.

Comment

Let it grow then bikini wax it.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Use a clean sharp blade. If it's snagging, toss it.

Always use stupid hot water keepin the blade hot at all times. Just go smoothly (minimal pressure) from front to back. Most of the time, I can knock out shaving my head in 4-5 minutes with relatively no stubble, sometimes ill go back over it but I never go back to front. Side-to-side for stubborn spots. Most ingrowns come from shaving against the grain with irritated skin, it'll tighten up somewhat and voila... Ingrowns.

I also use Aloe lotion right when I'm done. I never get ingrowns.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It will take some time for your scalp to get used to it. Eventually, I could shave mine in the shower with just soap/water without any issues.

I used a product called razor defense by nivea(sp?). It helped reduce the irritation.

Also, cold water will help to reduce the irritation afterwards, as it shocks the pores closed.

Comment

zero guard FTW. actual razor on the dome = psycopath
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm bald, I wish I could shave my head, I've got so many scars though it would look crazy. I already scare children bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  This
                  The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

I use one of the fusion (4 or 5 blades?) razors and they are the best I've used. Once your head gets used to it you'll be able to do it fast, but my advice is 1) dont go against the grain. It makes your head shiny which looks silly IMO and encourages in-growns. 2) if your hair is longer than stubble use some clippers to take it down, if you don't you're just going to be snagging the shit out of your hair with the razor and it will be a long painful process. I've used one of those razors that has a ring for your finger and didn't care for it but some guys swear by it.

Comment

Oh and shaving cream is a must

Comment

What I found works for me with no problems. Fusion razor. My wife's shaving cream. I know but that shit is niiiiiiice on a sensitive scalp. Then witch hazel astringent. Its not harsh at all and cheap. I've used aftershave and it caused irrigation but this stuff works great. Always go with the grain especially on the back of ur neck. Trust me on this.

Angry Panda Poon RAAAWR!
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Cheap razor, cheap shaving cream and hot damp towel afterward - pennitentary style.
                          Street car.

Comment

Straight blade with some warm gel
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              pretty much

Comment

Working...
                              X