Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has multiple cell phones with one carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has multiple cell phones with one carrier?

Verizon is eating my lunch. My phone is my business, but my ex-wife bought my kids phones (9 & 11) and they are devouring the data.

I have a second phone I have been carrying with AT&T but it makes sense to have that one rolled up in with the others, meaning 4 lines total.

There must be a cheaper way of doing this.

You ninjas who have this figured out, what did you do and what's your bill look like?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

I have 4 lines w/Tmo, all unlimited. I have 2 phones I'm paying for w/insurance on them, plus their $10 add on for more hotspot data on one line, since I work remotely a lot. I have their KickBack offer in place that gives you $10 off per line that uses 2gb or less and $5 off per line for enrolling in autopay. I average $185 per month when it's all said and done. My line never get the $10 off due to mobile net usage. I'm pleased w/the pricing. If we had no phone payments, it'd be about $140 iirc.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 08-05-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

I’m in on this topic too! My ATT cell phone bill is getting nutty.

Comment

Tmobline is the best bang for your buck, second best is cricket

Comment

Att 5 lines unlimited $270 a month. I'm not saying it's good. Just saying what kind of fucking I'm taking.

Comment

Do you have a business account with your company, then your wife's phone on that account, or are you just using each line as a personal line?

Right now my employer is paying my cell bills (but I had to move to Verizon), so I don't care, but in the past we had all of our lines on a business acct with AT&T, under our LLC, and it wasn't horrible.

Comment

Verizon smart family for 4.99 a month is what you seek

Limit your brats data. After limit is reached they go to some downgraded 3G speed that's unbearably slow by today's standards and video goes to standard definition lol. They'll quickly adapt and learn to conserve or not...

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    Tmobile is the best bang for your buck, second best is cricket
                    I stopped by a TMobile yesterday and their current promo is 3rd line is free, unlimited talk/text/data is $140/mo all in for 3 lines. I'm sure the devil is in the details on the unlimited data but I have my girls conditioned to only using Wifi (*mostly)

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Do you have a business account with your company, then your wife's phone on that account, or are you just using each line as a personal line?
                    Personal, I don't know how she was able to add the kids to the account, as she's EX for a reason.

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                    Verizon smart family for 4.99 a month is what you seek

Limit your brats data. After limit is reached they go to some downgraded 3G speed that's unbearably slow by today's standards and video goes to standard definition lol. They'll quickly adapt and learn to conserve or not...
                    I feel like I went through all the hoops with Verizon on the phone and that was never an option. Regardless, with TMobile, it's like my kids' lines are free AND I'm getting a discount since I haven't seen a $140 cellular bill in a decade or more.

Comment

I am the account rep for my family. I have my wife and I, my brother in-law and sister, my mom and my dad.

6 lines, all unlimited data, text, calls, etc. Even have high speed LTE in over 50 countries (works well in Mexico). All phones are paid for and we insure through a separate company, so the total bill every month is: $215

Only downside - it's Sprint. Their service can be awesome, and it can suck. Yesterday were having dinner at a couples apartment in Useless, despite having 4 bars of LTE, I can't even check my email.

But here in my tornado proof, bullet proof concrete sarcophagus, I have great service at 2 bars. Don't understand Sprint.

Comment

Tmo is pretty transparent about their services, 50gb usage, then they slow you down, no overage charges and taxes are rolled into the cost.

Comment

AT&T
                          2 phones

Unlimited Talk and Text
                          Shared Data Plan 600MB + 2.17GB rollover

Most recent bill was $92, which is up $1.74 over previous bill due to increase in surcharges.

Comment

cricket wireless 4 lines with unlimited data $100 a month

Comment

I used to have 14 separate phone numbers through Verizon and can tell you that they are the worst company that has ever existed. About 3 years ago I switched everything to Metro PCS and haven't regretted it a single moment. The coverage outside of the Metroplex kind of sucks but since these are used exclusively for Intown service it has yet to cause a problem.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X