Windows 10 Pro Licenses $11.90 / PSA On Win 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    So I finally decided to upgrade my shitty personal laptop to 10 (from 8.1) and bought one of these keys. I went ahead and created a disk for it, just in case, and after installing it never asked for my key and everything works fine..

Looking further, it seems I already had a digital license for Home. I can use my purchased key to upgrade it to pro, but my question is, should I bother? I'm about the $12 either way, and no big loss there.

Keep in mind, I am at best a little above average as a PC user, and that's it. So most of the apparent difference don't matter to me at all. The only possible benefit I can see that I might want is remote desktop access but could easily live without it.

I guess my only worry is that if I use the purchased key, then it gets blacklisted or whatever later, would it impact my digital license for Home?

BTW, shame on me for dragging my feet. I fucking hated windows 8 and 10 is already much better on this PC. The only reason I hadn't done it is because Lea had a bunch of issues when she upgraded hers during the free period.
    I'd hold that key for another PC in the future, as for RDP, use Team Viewer, it's free for personal use.

Comment

What are my options for a pc with Windows 7 Ultimate and not activated? I would like a legit key and Windows 10. Since my 128 ssd is pretty full I guess a larger ssd and a clean install of 10 would be best?
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
        What are my options for a pc with Windows 7 Ultimate and not activated? I would like a legit key and Windows 10. Since my 128 ssd is pretty full I guess a larger ssd and a clean install of 10 would be best?
        If the rest of your components are in good shape, it'd be a nice update on the cheap.

Comment

Windows Password Reset Recovery Tool USB - Windows 10 8 8.1 7 Vista & XP All Versions - Resetting Lost Password on PC Laptop Desktop Software Better than CD DVD Disk *Printed Instructions* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JRMK23..._1AevAb9K34AVS

This and the key and I should be good 2 go?
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Microsoft lets you download Windows 10 install software for free. It asks for the key at the beginning of the install.
            If you have a DVD burner on another machine and blank DVDs you can burn your own install Disk.
            You can also use almost any USB Memory stick at least 4 GB for 32bit OS 8GB in size for 64bit OS.
            WRX

Comment

So if I buy this and not use for awhile, I should be good right?

Stupid question, but since my pc's are using a "key", and if I ever redo one down the road, which I will do, want to be sure this key doesn't expire or anything

thanks

Comment

I looked at it that even it did, it's not a lot of money invested so no big loss. The key that was on an old Office 2007 disc I had still worked fine a few weeks ago, so I'm assuming that they have a long shelf life.

Comment

still works!

Comment

So I could get one and simply change the key on my current systems.

Comment

I ended up doing fresh install on laptop and pc, and worked flawless.

thanks guys

Comment

I hate to say it since I see people spent money. But as of yesterday I upgrade Win7 to win10 for free. It looks like Microsoft says the upgrades are over but it still worked. I upgrade first, then after I made sure they activation was good. I wiped it out and did a clean install. Everything worked like a charm. I had Win7 ultimate and it upgraded me to Win10 pro.

Comment

Windows 10 Pro Licenses $11.90 / PSA On Win 10

Soooo
                          I wiped mine, did the usb media tool.....installed...... it showed ACTIVATED already. I am guessing this would be a temp thing, not sure. Didn’t want to mess with it.
                          So I just changed to new one and it took.

Looks like folks here have had no issue, so I feel good about it.

11$ for license, wasn’t bad. I just changed to new license and it took

Comment

I ordered 3 of them, and installed one so far, no problems here

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
                              I hate to say it since I see people spent money. But as of yesterday I upgrade Win7 to win10 for free. It looks like Microsoft says the upgrades are over but it still worked. I upgrade first, then after I made sure they activation was good. I wiped it out and did a clean install. Everything worked like a charm. I had Win7 ultimate and it upgraded me to Win10 pro.
                              If you still have a Windows7 license and purchased a W10, you now are officially licensed for 2 computers. If MS is still letting you do this.

You maybe could resell the new one if you didn't need it.
                              WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X