No announcement yet.

tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamale prices have gotten ridiculous. I'm not about to pay $12+/dozen for some tamale with a strip of meat the size of my pinkie.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcs95gt View Post
      If y'all ever at the dallas farmers market, my cousin sells tamales inside. "El mero tamalero" chips and salso are great to.
      Don't be sending my fat ass over there if her shit isn't any good or if she is selling her tamales for $14.00 a dozen.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      Tamale prices have gotten ridiculous. I'm not about to pay $12+/dozen for some tamale with a strip of meat the size of my pinkie.
      I know that's right, shit has gotten ridiculous. My wifes co-workers Aunt is selling out of her house for $14.00 per dozen. No city inspections, no permit and she wants restaurateur prices. I laughed my ass off when my wife told me how much per and I told her not only no, but hell no!
      She said she's trying to pay for her daughters college, I told her I don't give a fuck whats she needs the money for, I rather drive to Dallas Tortilla Factory in Oak Cliff from northern Collin County before I give that bitch $14.00 per dozen and last I checked they are $11.50 per over there.

And I got a sample from her and they suck!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Don't be sending my fat ass over there if her shit isn't any good or if she is selling her tamales for $14.00 a dozen.

I know that's right, shit has gotten ridiculous. My wifes co-workers Aunt is selling out of her house for $14.00 per dozen. No city inspections, no permit and she wants restaurateur prices. I laughed my ass off when my wife told me how much per and I told her not only no, but hell no!
        She said she's trying to pay for her daughters college, I told her I don't give a fuck whats she needs the money for, I rather drive to Dallas Tortilla Factory in Oak Cliff from northern Collin County before I give that bitch $14.00 per dozen and last I checked they are $11.50 per over there.

And I got a sample from her and they suck!
        Tell her to save for college like a normal god damned woman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Tell her to save for college like a normal god damned woman.
          Seriously. If you can work hard enough to make tamales a business, you should probably just get a second job.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Not sure how I missed this thread. Brent has never steered me wrong before, so I just ordered 12 dozen from Delia's. Shipping was $86! LOL. Small price to pay to get decent Mexican anything up here in the mountains. And now the wait begins...

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Not sure how I missed this thread. Brent has never steered me wrong before, so I just ordered 12 dozen from Delia's. Shipping was $86! LOL. Small price to pay to get decent Mexican anything up here in the mountains. And now the wait begins...
              I had no idea shipping outside of Texas would be so high. Marisa wanted to order some the other day, and shipping to her was $86! Of course, it makes more sense if you're buying a bunch. She was just looking to get 2 dozen.

I can get 4 dozen to my house for $20ish in shipping.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I wonder if it would have been cheaper for one of us to package and mail out some tamales out of state?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  I wonder if it would have been cheaper for one of us to package and mail out some tamales out of state?
                  I'm assuming they ship in some kind of insulated box with gel packs and/or dry ice. By the time you do that, plus the weight, and 2-day air, it may not be much different.

I'm used to it.

I appreciate the thought, though. Any time you want to ship me some fajita burgers, I'll pay the cost and then some to make it worth your while.

Comment

I'm assuming they ship in some kind of insulated box with gel packs and/or dry ice. By the time you do that, plus the weight, and 2-day air, it may not be much different.

I'm used to it.

I appreciate the thought, though. Any time you want to ship me some fajita burgers, I'll pay the cost and then some to make it worth your while.
                    Can't you like, shoot a bear or elk up there and make some burgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      Can't you like, shoot a bear or elk up there and make some burgers?
                      I could, but never would! The animals up here treat my place like a safe haven, and I dig that. The elk and deer would walk in my house if I left the door open, and the bears have tried coming through the front door with it closed!

I do have a freezer full of elk, bison, wild boar, and even some black bear burgers. I order all that shit from a ranch in Del Norte, about 2 hours from here.

Comment

I'm used to it.

Let me do some research and see what I can do bro. Never mailed out food before

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Let me do some research and see what I can do bro. Never mailed out food before
                          I'm actually coming to town around New Years, so I may try to pick some up myself. I'll hit you up soon.

Comment

I'm actually coming to town around New Years, so I may try to pick some up myself. I'll hit you up soon.
                            Right on! Hit me up and let me know!

Comment

• Yeah these things are expensive now....I just paid $12 for a doz of brisket tamales...worth every cent!
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

• Where did you get brisket tamales?

Comment

Working...
                                X