Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks..... and this is where we are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    WTF is a "Third Place"?
    Article from 2008: Starbucks, “The Third Place”, and Creating the Ultimate Customer Experience

Starbucks goal is to become the Third Place in our daily lives. (i.e. Home, Work and Starbucks) “We want to provide all the comforts of your home and office. You can sit in a nice chair, talk on your phone, look out the window, surf the web… oh, and drink coffee too,”
    Which begs the question, if one doesn't have a home or a job isn't Starbucks their first place... and doesn't that make them a shelter?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      WTF is a "Third Place"?
      The 2nd loser.

Comment

I can't imagine the shitbags who are going to be hanging out at Starbucks in cities like Seattle and San Francisco.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Personally I love it. Places like Starbucks are setting themselves up for extinction. There will (hopefully) come a revolution of sorts that is going to be the death of the PC culture. At some point, barring a governmental situation like England/Europe, where an overwhelming amount of the population finally says, “what in the blue fuck are we doing?!” And stops placating the minuscule pseudo-minorities that created themselves for the sole purpose of self-placation. I relish that possibility and I hope we see it sooner rather than later.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            Personally I love it. Places like Starbucks are setting themselves up for extinction. There will (hopefully) come a revolution of sorts that is going to be the death of the PC culture. At some point, barring a governmental situation like England/Europe, where an overwhelming amount of the population finally says, “what in the blue fuck are we doing?!” And stops placating the minuscule pseudo-minorities that created themselves for the sole purpose of self-placation. I relish that possibility and I hope we see it sooner rather than later.

Comment

Back in the late '80s... a great Whataburger store over in Irving located at Pioneer/Irving Blvd was basically taken over by the homeless/mentally deficient/bums & hobos population...

Place was busy as Hell, all day, every day.... but it finally got to where there were no tables to sit at, no booths that didn't have some bum sleeping off a hangover, the place went down hill fast.

Management failed to address the situation and slowly but surely, all the regular customers, including myself, moved on to greener pastures.

The restaurant closed up and has been several different businesses since then, I think its a check cashing store now...

My only hope is that every Starbucks location that caters to this PC foolishness & BLM extortion/blackmail suffers the same fate as the Irving Whataburger.

When was the last time you ever saw a Whataburger store close in Texas?

What a colossal waste of time/energy/resources this has become.

mardyn

Comment

If I were a card-carrying BLM freeloader welcomed at Starbucks I would simply help myself to the paid for items at the mobile order pickup stand and dare any of the staff to kick me out.

Comment

Working...
                X