Anyone watch the AAF games over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep...they didn't disappoint

Who you all routing for? I'm going for the Texas team.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I'm going for Arizona since that's who my neighbor plays for!

Comment

The Memphis Express just signed Johnny Manziel. He signed with the league and they had the first right to him.
        Last edited by johnboy; 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I wonder if he will play this year?
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

My guess would be yes. I mean they have the worst record (1 win) so why not play him? I would if he can play now.
            sigpic

Comment

AAF to suspend operations, report says

aaf to suspend operations report says

The short, strange ride that’s been the Alliance of American Football is on the brink of running out of steam.

According to a report from ProFootballTalk, the AAF will suspend its operations Tuesday, though it's not folding entirely ... yet.

Majority investor Tom Dundon, who put $250 million into the league in February, has been unsure if the project would extend into the weekend.

“It’s pretty fluid. It’s day to day, I would say,” Dundon told SportsBusiness Daily on Monday, noting he would know more later in the week.
              The original concept was for the AAF to be a sort of farm system for the NFL, much like minor-league baseball is to MLB. But the NFL Players' Association hasn’t granted the AAF permission to use third- and fourth-string NFL players, most of whom never see action in NFL games.
              “It is just what we think would make this the most compelling league,” Dundon told SportsBusiness Daily. “We don’t know what they [the NFLPA] are going to do, if they will do it. That is kind of our thought. That’s what we are trying to figure out right now.”

As it stands, the NFL will let players sign “futures” contracts at the end of a given season to play in the AAF, but the players' association hasn't agreed to terms that would modify the collective bargaining agreement. The modifications would protect players loaned from the NFL against serious injury while playing in the developmental league.

The NFLPA hasn't responded to Dundon's claim, but an unidentified union official told USA Today recently the group has "serious concerns" about letting the AAF borrow active NFL members.

Comment

Working...
              X