No announcement yet.

My A-Team Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that you mention it, my parents had that wheel on their 87 Dodge van. I remember the cap of the center caps would always loosen up and rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      I'm pretty sure dodge had factory wheels that looked close to those on Ram chargers back in the 80s. i don't know if the lug pattern is the same but it would be pretty cool on your rig.

edit -
      those are what I'm looking for.

Comment

bros. now i need to watch lone wolf mcquade.

Comment

Well, I went and did a thing. My 2.5" lift kit is sitting at the house, and my 31x10.5 A/T tires will be here Tuesday.
          This may require a new paint job. lol

Comment

well that didn't go as planned. lol
            First we damaged a castle nut braking the ball joint loose, then we spent half the day going from auto store to auto store to find a new one. Ended up having to buy a $30 ball joint to get the damn nut. Then we flew through the other front with no problem. I was very happy with the lift on the front. It sits perfectly level from right to left and sits over 2" higher. So the next thing that went wrong is I must have got air in the lines or something when I had it apart because I've got next to no brakes. lol So I'm going to have to fix that. So then as we start pulling the u bolts loose off the rear, I notice something just didn't look right. I pulled the new parts out and sure enough Summit sent me the wrong kit. So now I'm sending that back, and my van look's like one of those retarded squatting trucks that I always make fun of.
            I need to find the right block and u bolt kit so I can get it level. And my tires should be in tomorrow. This has been a fun little side project. And I cant wait to see it all lifted on new tires.
            but as always, nothing I do ever goes smoothly.

Comment

Are you putting the 10.5s on the stock wheels? If not,what you doing with the old rims and tires. I need to get my Ramcharger moved. Have 2 10.5x31.5s on centerline to swap maybe

Comment

I like this project, gonna be fly!

Comment

Thanks, I thought I was going to get roasted for this. lol
                  Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to sand it down and redo the A-team paint, or go with something else. I'm going to have a roof rack built, and I'm pitting a ladder on it. The roof rack is going to be strong enough to hold a few people on lawn chairs, and go the full length of the roof. I'm also thinking really hard about doing a pre runner front bumper with skid plate! lol
                  because who doesn't need a pre runner 3/4 ton van?

Comment

just limo the windows.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      just limo the windows.
                      that's on my list.

Comment

What ya gonna do about wheels?

Comment

Sorry I typed a response but never hit send. I don't have another set of dodge wheels, and I don't want to spend to much money on this thing, so unless I find some crazy cheap wheels this week I'm going to have to reuse these.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            Thanks, I thought I was going to get roasted for this. lol
                            Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to sand it down and redo the A-team paint, or go with something else. I'm going to have a roof rack built, and I'm pitting a ladder on it. The roof rack is going to be strong enough to hold a few people on lawn chairs, and go the full length of the roof. I'm also thinking really hard about doing a pre runner front bumper with skid plate! lol
                            because who doesn't need a pre runner 3/4 ton van?
                            Well, you can tell by my name I like old Shaggin Wagons, I have one myself thats waiting for time and money from me... Keep us updated.

Comment

Got three out of the 4 tires last night. The other one should be here today. I need to measure my rear axle tubes so I can get the right parts. Then Saturday I'll mount the tires. We shall see if all this works.

Comment

anyone have a limited slip for a dodge van? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X