No announcement yet.

Vasectomy doc recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had mine done yesterday, it was painless. I highly recommend Dr. Pickens at Urology clinics of North Texas. Drove myself there and back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
      I had mine done yesterday, it was painless. I highly recommend Dr. Pickens at Urology clinics of North Texas. Drove myself there and back.

Did he accept major healthcare (I have UHC)?

I'm planning on getting snipped in January right before my 3rd (and last) child is born.

Also, good to see they do it on Fridays. It'd be nice to take the day off, get snipped then ice pack/netflix it over the weekend + Monday

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Did he accept major healthcare (I have UHC)?

I'm planning on getting snipped in January right before my 3rd (and last) child is born.

Also, good to see they do it on Fridays. It'd be nice to take the day off, get snipped then ice pack/netflix it over the weekend + Monday
        I have BCBS, they covered it all. Yeah gf told me she was pregnant with our 2nd, so I went ahead and got snipped. My experience wasn't bad at all, it's more in your head leading up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Next time you get one I recommend Gentle Procedures in Plano.
          Just booked my appointment with them for next month.

Funny thing is they were the cheapest out there for my particular insurance and out of pocket. $585 that I should get back once my third kid is born and sends us wayyyy over the yearly deductible.

Comment

I think I paid $20 or 25 for mine as a copay like goin in for an earache.

Comment

man, I don't know that "cheap" would be a deciding factor for someone to be snipping around down there.

Comment

If you're responsible for is a copay, then hell yeah, even more money saved.

Comment

I had to pay like $300 at the time of the procedure, then a few weeks later they called me to tell me I was getting a refund because insurance ended up covering it. I do not regret getting it done, even though mine was quite painful and traumatic. lol

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    man, I don't know that "cheap" would be a deciding factor for someone to be snipping around down there.
                    Considering you're in and out in maybe 30-35 minutes, $500+ doesn't sound so cheap.

4bangen told me he made $1,000/hour one time but he couldn't sit down for a week after the job was done. I didn't ask any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                      Considering you're in and out in maybe 30-35 minutes, $500+ doesn't sound so cheap.

4bangen told me he made $1,000/hour one time but he couldn't sit down for a week after the job was done. I didn't ask any questions.
                      THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU! lol

man with a teenage girl, two car payments, and trying to move this year, if someone's offering me 1k an hour for some unspeakable act I might just hear them out. lol

but to your original point, This is the kind of thing you really don't want to decide on based on price.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        THE FUCK DID I DO TO YOU! lol

man with a teenage girl, two car payments, and trying to move this year, if someone's offering me 1k an hour for some unspeakable act I might just hear them out. lol

but to your original point, This is the kind of thing you really don't want to decide on based on price.

Believe it or not, I originally went with this company because of the less pain procedure. My normal urologist wanted to do the scalpel and I was like...nope...

But yeah, I am fully responsible for my copay up until my deductible. My health insurance sucks, but at least I have some insurance that has a few perks...copays/low deductible is not one of them.

You'd think most insurance companies would pay for this, as birthing a kid is far more expensive. $4500 vs $500...

Comment

I just had the "no scalpel" procedure done by Dr. Mootha in Richardson, and I'm still pain-free 3 hours later. The incision is made with a high-powered numbing spray, which feels like a light pop from a rubber band. I felt 6 sprays, decreasing in "thump" each time, and after that the only pain was what I was experiencing in my mind. The worst part of the experience imo, was the smell from the cauterizing. So much worse in my mind than was actually experienced.

The pre-sterilization wipe down wasn't bad either (female nurse), last sensual contact I'll have for a week. lol

Comment

Some supportive drawers and a bag of frozen peas might still be in order, but the "no scalpel" seems to be less trauma to heal from.

You'll enjoy the benefits once you're healed.

Comment

You guys are all crazy. Guess it'll be up to me to repopulate the human race.
                              WH

Comment

I did my job, 3 more humans from my seed. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Working...
                                X