Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns and ammunition seized from Philadelphia home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns and ammunition seized from Philadelphia home.

All in all, the police collected 19 handguns and 20 short guns, a jar of liquid mercury, 10 grenades and more than 2,000 rounds of ammunition.

Guns, grenades and ammunition: it's okay to be a prepper or have a gun or two to protect your family, but what authorities found inside a home Wednesday was enough to start a war.

NBC News reported that police discovered a “cache of weapons” inside a Bustleton home in Northeast Philadelphia.

The arsenal, which belonged to a 72-year-old “suicidal man,” included firearms, ammunition and grenades.
    Inert grenades are also called Practice or Dummy Grenades that copies the exact dimensions of the USGI explosive.

All in all, the police collected 19 handguns and 20 long guns. Most were not identified, but they said that it “can be anything from a hunting rife to an M-16 military type rifle,” said Rosenbaum.

Further investigation suggested that the man also had more than 2,000 rounds of ammunition, but they are “still counting for an official number.”

The grenades were inert trainers. All his items were perfectly legal.
    No arrests, no charges filed, police just seized his property because his son asked them to.

Can't wait until we have federal red flag laws so everybody can get in on this!
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Way to cherry pick the article.

"Although the 72-year-old man has no current charges or cases filed against him, he had been “hospitalized” in the past. Also, officers found a suicide note when they reached the house at around 4:30 p.m.
      His family believed that the man is not a threat to anyone but himself. The gun owner will undergo mental evaluation, while his guns will be kept by Firearms Identification Unit of the local police department.
      The family still has the right to petition for the weapons, NBC News added. However, if they have no plans to retrieve them, or if the police deem the guns unsafe, “they will be destroyed and melted down after a certain period time.”

Comment

Meanwhile in Oregon:
        A former Marine who said at a protest that he would “slaughter” Antifa members in self-defense, if attacked, recently had his five weapons confiscated by the FBI, according to a report.

Be careful what you say in public about a terrorist organization.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Meanwhile in Oregon:
          A former Marine who said at a protest that he would “slaughter” Antifa members in self-defense, if attacked, recently had his five weapons confiscated by the FBI, according to a report.

Be careful what you say in public about a terrorist organization.
          They may not be too far off, dude lives with his dad on disability., acts unhinged;

“If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.”

“I looked unhinged. I looked dangerous and have the training to be dangerous,” said Kohfield, who lives with his father in Canby and receives disability payments for physical and psychological injuries he sustained during two tours of duty in Iraq.

“I figured that the key to de-escalating the situation was to not be the most violent person in the room,” he said. “It was to be the scariest person in the room.”

“I was watching on the news that city of Portland did nothing to protect the people against antifa,” Kohfield said. “I figured I’d show up to protect these people.”

By the time he popped up at the mayor’s house, Kohfield was already on the FBI’s radar.

He had landed there in March after he sent a letter to Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw

The five-page letter, included in the court filings, accused Portland’s mayor and police of permitting anti-fascist activists to commit “savage attacks” against conservatives at protests, including the November rally where Kohfield said he was assaulted by masked demonstrators.

Kohfield told Crenshaw that Congress needed to take immediate steps to declare antifa a terrorist organization. Otherwise, he and other veterans would have no choice but to begin systematically killing antifa members “until we have achieved genocide.”

Kohfield, who spoke with The Oregonian/OregonLive, suffers from bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, medical records show.

“I can’t say that he won’t kill someone,” Kohfield’s father told Portland police during their investigation, according to court records.

He also told police that his son was taking medication for bipolar disorder, drinking heavily and had become increasingly agitated.

Kohfield, who was unarmed, said at least a dozen officers stopped him while he was leaving a relative’s home outside Prineville.

Officers said they planned to take Kohfield to the VA hospital in Portland. He said they then served him with the protection order.

“I was told that I didn’t have a choice,” he said. “The cops were great. They were respectful and compassionate.”

Kohfield said he was placed under psychiatric observation for five days. He said that he then volunteered to remain at the VA hospital for another two weeks.

According to Lemman, the state court administrator, Kohfield surrendered an AR-15, a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun.

The ex-Marine said he is done with attending protests or political demonstrations in Portland.

“I have done everything I can possibly do to keep both sides from killing each other,” he said. “As long as they keep duking it out like this, it will achieve nothing.”

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            Way to cherry pick the article.

"Although the 72-year-old man has no current charges or cases filed against him, he had been “hospitalized” in the past. Also, officers found a suicide note when they reached the house at around 4:30 p.m.
            His family believed that the man is not a threat to anyone but himself. The gun owner will undergo mental evaluation, while his guns will be kept by Firearms Identification Unit of the local police department.
            The family still has the right to petition for the weapons, NBC News added. However, if they have no plans to retrieve them, or if the police deem the guns unsafe, “they will be destroyed and melted down after a certain period time.”
            My apologies for posting a link and a piece of an article, I was unaware of your unabridged requirement sir.

What exactly do you feel was omitted? Looks like the piece I chose has "suicidal" in it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              My apologies for posting a link and a piece of an article, I was unaware of your unabridged requirement sir.

What exactly do you feel was omitted? Looks like the piece I chose has "suicidal" in it as well.
              Whenever I post one, I tend to do the whole article, bold what I think is important.

?Daredevil? Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Has Future In Other Marvel Projects https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredevil-canceled-netflix-3-seasons-1202511521/

Just covers your bases.
              sigpic

Comment

The problem with these articles and laws is the assumption of intent. Given this line of reasoning the gov’t should confiscate all cars because you might run someone over.

Until you do shoot someone, there is no crime and even then if you are defending yourself or others, still not a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  Whenever I post one, I tend to do the whole article, bold what I think is important.

?Daredevil? Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Has Future In Other Marvel Projects https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredevil-canceled-netflix-3-seasons-1202511521/

Just covers your bases.
                  Appreciate it, I'm not that worried about it. Just sharing a story on an old vbulletin, the link is there for the clickin.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    The problem with these articles and laws is the assumption of intent. Given this line of reasoning the gov’t should confiscate all cars because you might run someone over.

Until you do shoot someone, there is no crime and even then if you are defending yourself or others, still not a crime.
                    Due process, is the term.

Comment

By not including the pertinent "why" in your copy and paste, and then posting commentary that everything was inert and/or legal, it looks as though you are intentionally leaving out those particulars in an attempt to make the situation seem more like government overreach than what is truly happening. Thus the cherry picking comment.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Due process, is the term.
                        I agree, but most people today don’t know the term or the Bill of Rights.

Comment

By not including the pertinent "why" in your copy and paste, and then posting commentary that everything was inert and/or legal, it looks as though you are intentionally leaving out those particulars in an attempt to make the situation seem more like government overreach than what is truly happening. Thus the cherry picking comment.

Nah, it's government overreach. They confiscated his property without him having committed a crime, and by the looks of it, he's not getting it back.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Not my intention, although I do believe it is an illegal act committed without due process.
                            The reason, was the assumption of him being suicidal, which was in the OP.

Comment

Working...
                            X