Anyone else see this on FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see this on FOX

Gunmaker Colt is suspending production of rifles for personal use, including the popular and controversial AR-15 as lawmakers continue the fraught gun debate.

Quitters. Two thoughts. One, they are doing it for fear of a lawsuit which is just dumb. Two, if they have enough business from police and government, then our tax dollars are overpaying for weapons they purchase from Colt...

Comment

I already wasn't buying their over priced shit anyway, better options out there for less in the market.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

they have a large enough enventory of civilian parts, and need the production lines to make the .gov contracts. They arent doing anything that any other manufacturer wouldnt do, but they are making a statement to appease the tin foil hats.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          Quitters. Two thoughts. One, they are doing it for fear of a lawsuit which is just dumb. Two, if they have enough business from police and government, then our tax dollars are overpaying for weapons they purchase from Colt...
          They were already trying to get out of the market. They just see this as a way to up marketing efforts while leaving themselves an out saying they may re-enter the civilian market later on MSR's.

Comment

Don't give a shit. So many other cheaper/better choices.

Comment

I've seen a few of the shops focused on AR specific parts start to reduce their product line offerings because business has dried up and the market is saturated.

Obama was the best gun salesman we've ever seen, and everyone panic bought as much as they could. So we had an artificial market expansion that brought out a bunch of new companies...and things are finally stabilizing if not retracting.

Comment

For whatever reason this happened even if it was because of what they claimed, the timing is awfully suspicious...I seem to remember reading about them losing credibility and fans for caving to some BS years ago too. Like others have said there are way better versatile options for way less. Fuck em.

Comment

The gun industry as a whole is hurting 3 of the major distributors have gone out of business this year and a 4th is currently liquidating to try to stay above water.

Comment

Buy while they're cheap. It won't last forever.

If Beto offers $2500 per, I'll load up on cheap DPMS AR's and enjoy the ROI.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

I have those PSA build kits on speed dial, lol. I'll sell Francis all he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

paying yourself with your own tax money?

Comment

Working...
                        X