No announcement yet.

Mercedes and Audi Maintenance? used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the majority of the newer German cars you have to use a factory scanner, and Factory proprietary software simply to be able to install a new throttle position sensor. That was not done in the interest of making the car perform better; it was done in the interest of making Mercedes or any other manufacturer more money. Mercedes is even wanting to license your car to you so you don't actually own it once you bought it and they want to be the only ones that can work on it. Tesla is doing that now and if you don't believe me read what happens when people buy a used Tesla. That is their end goal the same way the banks want to make it where we no longer use cash. They just want to continue getting a cut of everything.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Oh, and even though mine doesn't have all the electrical computerized shit that goes wrong currently, there were more than a few Z3's that shredded the trunk. Like some dumb ass thought sheet metal was a good place to attach all of the suspension parts. For a mere 3500 there are places that have designed a bad ass reinforcement kit for it.
      So like a fox body Mustang?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        So like a fox body Mustang?
        There was a subframe on a Foxbody where the springs mounted. On the car he's talking about all of the control arms and other suspension goodies are simply bolted to the sheet metal that is the inside of the trunk.

Edit: working in the rain today has made me brain dead. I was only thinking about the front suspension on a Foxbody and not the rear suspension. It's safe to say that the only chassi flimsier than a fox body is the BMWs that he's talking about
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-21-2021, 03:02 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          Uummmmmm...what? There is a 2021 E63 in sedan and wagon.
          Yes, not in the USA. Mercedes wasn't making sales in the USA, so they stopped the wagon sales here

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
            WTF has happened to Scotty's voice ?
            Wasn't it always that way?

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            That guy is a fucking moron and the video was posted by a moron.
            You're a retard. Read the thread you replied to. Everyone and their dog warning the OP away, and for good reason.

Go back to throwing old ladies out of their houses so you can get the money, cockmex.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
              You Nailed It 100%

More programming and coding, and secret coding and programming,

My company owns a huge fleet of Sprinter Vans.

Try to keep a Check Engine light off of one these vans is impossible.

I've had brand new parts from Mercedes go bad within weeks.

I installed a Mercedes Reman Engine and Immediately had throttle sensor faults and a those parts are new with the engine.

What a joke the 2.1 diesel engine is, Vacuum hose nightmare, intake warps and dumps oil down the side of the engine. TOTAL SHIT !
              good to know, I've been eyeing a rv based on the sprinter diesel

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                You would get more enjoyment out of throwing all your money in pile and lighting it on fire, that way losing all your money would end soon.

Own a Sprinter Van, and the losing money never stops.
                Last edited by prostock1; 01-22-2021, 11:18 AM. Reason: Tali Tali Tali get your adverbs here
                sigpic
                "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

If you can find a pre 2006 with low mileage it's not a bad platform. Like every other diesel it's the EGR, DPF and Urea systems that keep the SES lamp on. You can tune and delete it out on the older ones, I don't know anything about the 2.1L engine though.

The 08+Ford chassis V-10s are much more popular and the drivetrains are pretty much indestructible but you will pay for it at the gas pump.

If you plan on driving it a lot and can handle the size the Roadtrek and Pleasure Way RVs are pretty nice. They are basically one ton domestic vans, sometimes with wider bodies but usually just a long wheel base van with a hallway that serves as a kitchen/shower as needed. You get smaller everything but still a queen sized bed. Not great for boondocking but you can park them on the street, black out the windows and people won't call the police because it doesn't look like an RV unless you run the generator.

Comment

Back in 2009 I was thinking about buying a used E46 M3 but after talking to a tech at Park Place motors I decided to keep my Trans Am.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      Back in 2009 I was thinking about buying a used E46 M3 but after talking to a tech at Park Place motors I decided to keep my Trans Am.
                      I would definitely get an E36 if I could find a nice one for less than an arm and a leg.

Comment

My mom wanted one of these, took no research and it'll be a Ford.

I'm actually hoping to avoid it all and buy her a house. She's got this idea of retirement, but has enough friends with RVs they don't use, ever.

I've never understood the appeal of camping/rv, they've got cabins and hotels everywhere.

Comment

Well well. Lease is up in a few months for the jeep. Mercedes can still be an option getting a year or two old one. Now if they could do american wagon again.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                            Well well. Lease is up in a few months for the jeep. Mercedes can still be an option getting a year or two old one. Now if they could do american wagon again.
                            Find 2016 Lexus LS 600h L air filter coupons to save you money on your next air filter replacement in Dallas, TX. Get pricing, DIY info and more.
                            Originally posted by Marisa
                            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

A guy I work with bought his wife a used 2020 G63 with about 4K miles on it. I believe it was about $160K. He has had so many problems with it that it has become downright comical. They had to order parts from Germany to get the rear brakes to stop squeaking. The stealership kept it for over three weeks to fix that. Now the fancy electronic dash goes in and out while going down the road. I told him not to buy that pile of shit but he said his wife wanted it. She already has an Escalade but that isn't good enough I guess. lol
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                                My mom wanted one of these, took no research and it'll be a Ford.

I'm actually hoping to avoid it all and buy her a house. She's got this idea of retirement, but has enough friends with RVs they don't use, ever.

I've never understood the appeal of camping/rv, they've got cabins and hotels everywhere.
                                primary use for us would be going to the racetracks and being able to stay with some creature comforts. tech usually starts at 7a and I'm not a morning person. my GF is a teacher and I work remote so we have a couple months of time to travel yearly. add a special needs dog to the mix and it really makes the most sense for us

Comment

Working...
                                X