X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR: Kyle Larson loses McDonald’s sponsorship

NASCAR: Kyle Larson loses McDonald’s sponsorship

nascar kyle Larson loses mcdonalds sponsorship

The last 24 hours have been nothing shy of a nightmare for Chip Ganassi Racing’s Kyle Larson as it pertains to his NASCAR Cup Series career, and it was brought about by his own during.
    During Sunday night’s virtual NASCAR race on iRacing at Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Larson attempted to get the attention of his spotter by stating “Hey N*****”.

Larson’s use of the N-word racial slur was being streamed live on Twitch, so the whole world was able to hear it, not just the other 61 drivers who were competing. That sent Twitter ablaze, but the true hits only began rolling in on Monday.

Chip Ganassi Racing suspended the 27-year-old Elk Grove, California native without pay and NASCAR proceeded to suspend him indefinitely and will not reinstate him until he at least completes sensitivity training.

How these suspensions will ultimately play out remains to be seen with the season currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic. iRacing suspended him from using their racing simulator service indefinitely as well, and he then lost primary sponsor Credit One Bank.

Now the driver of the #42 Chevrolet has been cut by McDonald’s as well.

--END COPY AND PASTE--

As it stands right now, this dude has lost everything or saying the N-word. This is one of the quickest 'cancel' moments in recent memory.

Guessing he won't do that again ? lol..
    Ok , my thoughts...
    - If he was a "rapper" he could use the word, over and over
    - the word is genuinely offensive when used by white folks in all but academic context (English lit comes to mind)

- And this is my question - We ALL have that "go to" word when someone pisses us off. (mine's "jack ass")... Mr. Larsons apparently was the "n" word... Thats not a good thing for someone in his role and position.

He fucked up. It shouldn't be the end of his career/job. Im sure he has some PR people that will help guide him through this.. And it sounded like Bubba accepted his apology , thats what really counts.

Comment

Everyone is too sensitive.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well, he should have known that you can't do that in this PC climate. Especially, with so many listeners and such a vast audience. Poor decision on his part.

However, it is amusing how someone's (white guy) career can be destroyed over this. According to Whoopi Goldberg from The View and every black comedian at the Apollo the word N****r is a term of endearment. So, what's the problem?

Comment

"Banned for life" for a computer game?
          The will have wash his computer out with
          Lifebouy soap....

Comment

if only they recorded every adolescent fuckwit that played online to bring up when they get older.

kids say shit online that would make the grand wizard blush.

Comment

Where is that video of old black man dancing and singing, "n..r, n..r, n..r, n..r" when you need it?

I feel for the guy, but like you guys said, in today's world, that will ruin you if you're the wrong skin color.
              Last edited by line-em-up; 04-14-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

lol. I was trying to find that video, but found this instead.

and a comment: "I ain't racist, there's a black guy in my family tree. He's been hangin' there a while"

Comment

Don’t be dumb, guys. This driver exists because of sponsors. How much of Mickey D’s bottom line is is influenced by ‘the Community”. They have to ditch him to save face in front of their target audience. A dumb 12 year old that screams whatever he wants on a game chat is not the same thing as a grown ass man who’s supposed to be a professional. You can guarantee he already had contracts in place that deal with this sort of thing directly. He’s just an idiot.

Comment

Larson is half Asian too
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Larson is half Asian too
                      No wonder he can't drive....
                      Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

no video

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodcobra View Post
                          No wonder he can't drive....
                          He can ride the wall like a boss
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            Everyone is too sensitive.
                            Are they really though? Is this the best example to climb up and defend that hill on?

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Don’t be dumb, guys. This driver exists because of sponsors. How much of Mickey D’s bottom line is is influenced by ‘the Community”. They have to ditch him to save face in front of their target audience. A dumb 12 year old that screams whatever he wants on a game chat is not the same thing as a grown ass man who’s supposed to be a professional. You can guarantee he already had contracts in place that deal with this sort of thing directly. He’s just an idiot.
                            This is the correct answer.

Comment

Who was he talking to exactly?

If I remember correctly Chris Rock gave Charlie Sheen a pass for calling Dennis Richards that on a TV interview or something. I can't find that one now but there was an article in Ebony about Chris getting in trouble recently for allowing white comics to use that word.

I had this conversation recently with a very diverse crowd and we all agreed that if black people would quit using the word it would have went away years ago except for a few extreme groups of course.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X