300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 Blackout

Anyone have/shoot this ? I don't know much about it other than reading about it. Is it as good as they say? I gather that its better just because its heavier than a .223, and as fast and good performance as the 7.62. A good in-between. Is it pretty flat?

I have had one for a year now and have yet to shoot it.

Comment

I just finished my build, it's a pistol with a suppressor that I just got like 2 weeks ago, yet to shoot it though. I loaded up some 220 grain subsonic loads to test out as well. I need to get some lighter bullets to also load some good hog hunting rounds for it.

Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

American Ranch 300 Blackout

I've got one. I spent some time at the range this weekend and was all over the target. I'm using a borrowed scope and I think it's junk. I was also shooting a friend's 650 Creedmoor and keeping a 3/4" grouping at 100 yards with his gun.

My gun is CRAZY quiet. It's not much louder than a framing nailer. Granted it's bolt action and suppressed, but that's precisely why I chose a bolt action in 300 BLK.

Comment

Yes and Yes. And it's tits.
          It's a thumper, not a lot of recoil.

Comment

I have one. 10.5" barrel with SB Tactical pistol brace. I shoot both sub and super rounds, depending on what I'm doing. It is suppressed and I go back and forth between an inexpensive 1-6x optic and a thermal. With sub and suppressor, it's very quiet. The round hits hard too. I like it because I can use PMAGs which I have plenty of already.

Comment

I just ordered one.

Need to order a can. Fuck, on second thought, I need ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                I just ordered one.

Need to order a can. Fuck, on second thought, I need ammo.
                My buddy is a dealer, last week he had a deal on a can that was "free" tax stamp (so $200 off) for a good can. Not sure if he has any left. LMK if you want me to check on it.

Stevo

Comment

So this is what stirred all of this up, this is what I want. The cool thing is the ballistics are good and i had no idea you could sub-sonic it, even better. I'm convinced this will be my next gun. Next question, is this considered a SBR? How do you get one of these federally? stamp for the can?

https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html

Comment

I'd say based on that brace, it's a pistol so no $200 stamp for a Form 1. (the site shows you can order it as a SBR so add at least $200)

That said, I've got about $1,200 or less in my build using premium parts not including the suppressor and I'd recommend building it exactly how you want vs. an off the shelf build. Also, just cause you use subsonic, doesn't mean much... I would not use my subsonic loads for much besides target practice and quiet fun. If you're going to shoot subsonic, get a 1:7 twist barrel to stabilize the heavier projectiles. I run the 8.2" CMMG in a 1:7 twist, with a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, pistol length gas system, and the suppressor is a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 Cal.

The rest of the build is a Midwest Industries 12" hand guard designed for suppressors, Spikes upper/lower, moe grip, SB Tactical brace, Fail Zero NiB BCG, Trigger Tech trigger, and parts kit for the rest. The dot is from Primary Arms.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      I'd say based on that brace, it's a pistol so no $200 stamp for a Form 1. (the site shows you can order it as a SBR so add at least $200)

That said, I've got about $1,200 or less in my build using premium parts not including the suppressor and I'd recommend building it exactly how you want vs. an off the shelf build. Also, just cause you use subsonic, doesn't mean much... I would not use my subsonic loads for much besides target practice and quiet fun. If you're going to shoot subsonic, get a 1:7 twist barrel to stabilize the heavier projectiles. I run the 8.2" CMMG in a 1:7 twist, with a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, pistol length gas system, and the suppressor is a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 Cal.

The rest of the build is a Midwest Industries 12" hand guard designed for suppressors, Spikes upper/lower, moe grip, SB Tactical brace, Fail Zero NiB BCG, Trigger Tech trigger, and parts kit for the rest. The dot is from Primary Arms.
                      Get the pistol. Not only is the SBR an NFA item, but it sits while they process the tax stamp.

While NFA items are great once you get them, waiting sux. I'm 872 days on my MP5, due to a mistake the builder made, and 457 after refiling. You can Form 1 your pistol into an SBR, so you can use it as a pistol with the brace until you get the stamp which is days if e-filed, as opposed to months. No real reason to, unless the ATF changes the rules on pistol braces which is unlikely at this point.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Get the pistol. Not only is the SBR an NFA item, but it sits while they process the tax stamp.

While NFA items are great once you get them, waiting sux. I'm 872 days on my MP5, due to a mistake the builder made, and 457 after refiling. You can Form 1 your pistol into an SBR, so you can use it as a pistol with the brace until you get the stamp which is days if e-filed, as opposed to months. No real reason to, unless the ATF changes the rules on pistol braces which is unlikely at this point.
                        Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

Thanks for the info. Now my final question is who here can build me one similar?
                        Last edited by Trip McNeely; 09-21-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Now my final question is who here can build me one similar?
                          They are pretty simple and parts "were" available everywhere cheap. You missed that window. Not sure how long until all that returns to normal. Hopefully you don't need it in the short term. You can YouTube everything and do it yourself. I don't know anyone that builds for others, but money talks, if you don't want to do it, someone on here probably will.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            They are pretty simple and parts "were" available everywhere cheap. You missed that window. Not sure how long until all that returns to normal. Hopefully you don't need it in the short term. You can YouTube everything and do it yourself. I don't know anyone that builds for others, but money talks, if you don't want to do it, someone on here probably will.
                            I wouldn't mind paying someone on here that knows what they're doing. I'm not desperate to own one as I have plenty of other calibers. I was looking at PSA and they have everything I see except a stripped lower.

Comment

Hell man, I've got all the tools to do it, I've built all mine, and wouldn't mind helping you build yours. Just buy the parts, easy stuff as long as you're ok with waiting to find them in stock.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X