Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$20k for a practical daily. What and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd look at a Tahoe or Yukon if you want a best of every world and reliable.

My recommendation on a sedan would be something like this Lexus flavor. Classy, reliable, etc.

Comment

Check carvana too. Some of their offers are stupid high. They offered me over 30k for my 12 Boss 302 with 40k miles. I still couldn't do it even though its a financially great decision.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

You guys are doing great. I appreciate your suggestions a lot.

I’m not sure I can be trusted with this decision. I started poking around the internet and now I want this ‘65 Lincoln for $15k, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

I’m not sure I can be trusted with this decision. I started poking around the internet and now I want this ‘65 Lincoln for $15k, lol.
          A true car guy. lol

Comment

How about a turbo Subaru, make the commute interesting. Interesting could mean getting there in a hurry, or on a tow truck.

Is there a newer version of the G37 4 door?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              How about a turbo Subaru, make the commute interesting. Interesting could mean getting there in a hurry, or on a tow truck.
              I didn't know you were a lesbian!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                One of my co-workers got at 18 WRX, it gets good fuel milage and a couple grand in mods makes it a VERY fun car!....I call him a lesbian all the time.
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I vote you get the Lincoln. I assume its a continental? One of my favorite cars.

truth.

Comment

Came here to say CTSV also. Some Gen 2s are low $20s with around 80k miles or so. I test drove a couple before I got something else. Only thing I didn't like was the upgrade recaros.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That ain't no shit.

Is there a newer version of the G37 4 door?
                      Indeed there is. That's one of the leaders in the clubhouse. I loved my 03 G sedan. I expect the newer version would be faster and substantially less tossable. The G was light and raw in kind of a fox body way. The newer one seems heavy and more luxurious, but makes more power. (260 vs 328)

Comment

That ain't no shit.

Indeed there is. That's one of the leaders in the clubhouse. I loved my 03 G sedan. I expect the newer version would be faster and substantially less tossable. The G was light and raw in kind of a fox body way. The newer one seems heavy and more luxurious, but makes more power. (260 vs 328)
                        If you liked your G and you are looking for more versatility and aren't opposed to an SUV, the answer is clearly to get the QX50/60.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          If you liked your G and you are looking for more versatility and aren't opposed to an SUV, the answer is clearly to get the QX50/60.
                          May be. But with two other SUVs in the driveway, I can make a sedan work. Still, I'm open to an SUV.

Comment

May be. But with two other SUVs in the driveway, I can make a sedan work. Still, I'm open to an SUV.
                            Good point. Then screw the sedan and get the Coupe this time!

Comment

Fair point. I’m a little ignorant on euro cars. I assumed 20k would put me squarely in high priced maintenance territory.
                              I did all of the maintenance on the 2007 328i and 2008 M3 that I owned, oil comes out of the pan the same as any the other cars I've worked on. Certain electronic systems can get costly to replace, but the parts themselves aren't exhorbitant if you've got a good set of tools. You hear the stories, but my experience was nothing but positive, and the build/ride quality is markedly better than a Ford or Chevy, but not worth the risk of a high repair bill for some. Spend a little more and you can have one new enough to have a CPO (certified pre-owned) warantee.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                Trying my hardest not to answer this question like 13 year old me would have answered.

Comment

Working...
                                X