No announcement yet.

It happened in my town...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out my wife has a friend that knew the victim too. Sounds like he was a pretty outstanding person as blackls2002 says. That makes the situation harder to reconcile.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      It turns out my wife has a friend that knew the victim too. Sounds like he was a pretty outstanding person as blackls2002 says. That makes the situation harder to reconcile.
      Unfortunately what it tells me is that racism, though perhaps not "systemic," is most certainly alive and well. I also get a sense that this guy likely had some enablers along the way, for him to have even made it onto the force. I'm curious as to who paid his bail...

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Unfortunately what it tells me is that racism, though perhaps not "systemic," is most certainly alive and well. I also get a sense that this guy likely had some enablers along the way, for him to have even made it onto the force. I'm curious as to who paid his bail...
        The dude was 22 and a brand new cop. He did something criminal and should face the consequences, but there is no evidence of racism. I hate when that is a conclusion immediately jumped to. Isn’t it just as likely he was just unfit for the job or made a mistake? The cop was dispatched to the scene, he didn’t choose who to interact with.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          The cop was dispatched to the scene, he didn’t choose who to interact with.
          So he didn't come in contact with him once he arrived and made the decision to taze him then shoot him? Yeah ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            So he didn't come in contact with him once he arrived and made the decision to taze him then shoot him? Yeah ok!
            Sure he did, prove to me that was a decision made out of racist hatred
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              Sure he did, prove to me that was a decision made out of racist hatred
              Doesn't mean it wasn't either. You act like the guy got the call and the deceased was under a tarp the whole time and couldn't be seen until after he shot him to death.

Comment

Doesn't mean it wasn't either. You act like the guy got the call and the deceased was under a tarp the whole time and couldn't be seen until after he shot him to death.
                If you cant prove it either way, then it wasn't racisim.

Comment

Still in Rockwall county as of 3:30 PM

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

That doesn't prove racism. That proves poor decisions/lack of training/not the right person for the job.

Racism may come out once his social media, background, computer and phone are searched.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      That doesn't prove racism. That proves poor decisions/lack of training/not the right person for the job.

Racism may come out once his social media, background, computer and phone are searched.
                      I never said it did. I was just refuting the statement that was implying "The cop was just answering a call, he had no idea what the guys race was."

Comment

Let this be a lesson to everyone; you should mind your own business and not poke your nose into a domestic argument.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

So when do we get to the point where the police stand down until the perp can only be confronted by an officer that is of the same race?
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            So when do we get to the point where the police stand down until the perp can only be confronted by an officer that is of the same race?
                            Its amazing that the first point you mention is officers of the same race approaching situations instead of asking when we get to the point of officers not shooting innocent and/or unarmed folks.

The systemic problems with American police are way deeper than just racism. Ive been harassed by cops over the dumbest shit...their methods should never be allowed in a supposed free state.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              Let this be a lesson to everyone; you should mind your own business and not poke your nose into a domestic argument.
                              One thing I remember from my training is that the single most dangerous call is a domestic dispute. We always called for backup automatically for them. It seems that wasn’t possible in this case though.

On the night of my HS graduation, a guy got shot by intervening in a domestic dispute between two brothers over a ho.

I avoid domestic disputes and riots at all costs.

Comment

You're certain it wasn't a n00b behind the gun and maybe he perceived the fit gent as one he couldn't overtake(we can agree he's fat AF), henceforth made the worst decision of his life after choosing to try out for LEO?

I'm not callin foul one way or the other, I'm not bein paid for that, just want you to consider your POV of it "being racism".

Comment

Working...
                                X