Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TAD - Fighting taxes - Garage now being valued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's something at least. But we need to move from "freezes" to disappears entirely. And then we need to move to "they don't exist" cause you can't tax land.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Kind of related, but do any of you get taxed on mineral rights? Not that anyone is making money off natural gas these days.

When we sold the house in Euless last year I retained mineral rights. TAD appraises it separately, but mine at least shows an appraised value of $0.00. That said, a 'well' is in place for the neighborhood, so I'm guessing if they ever resume pumping gas out, the county may try to establish a value for it..
      They most likely won't charge it if it's not producing.

Comment

texas is not retirement friendly because of property taxes. step across the red river and property taxes plumet . they do have an income tax but if retired it is not bad .
        Last edited by bubbaearl; 10-11-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I may be late here, but was the garage added or improved from prior valuations? Did it originally have a carport and now has a garage? If so, that's probably what's happening.

Comment

Even out here in BFE where we live... ours goes up every year in value according to the appraisal district.

It's a constant extortion scam the County is running against the property owners with no end in site.

mardyn

Comment

driven by the blood sucking school districts .

Comment

Can my neighbors lack of maintaining their yard be used by me to help fight my taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Kind of related, but do any of you get taxed on mineral rights? Not that anyone is making money off natural gas these days.
                  During the fracking boom my land value doubled but I never saw a line item for mineral rights. The Amon G Carter foundation owns 50% of the mineral rights in pretty much my entire city, I'm guessing they had enough pull to keep the TAD from messing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    During the fracking boom my land value doubled but I never saw a line item for mineral rights. The Amon G Carter foundation owns 50% of the mineral rights in pretty much my entire city, I'm guessing they had enough pull to keep the TAD from messing with them.
                    Last year Ellis County just fucking doubled every ones land value from 30k an acre to 60k. I fought to get a little off everywhere but somehow they went around the cap of 10 percent. My buddy has 6 acres and his value jumped 120k. He said well the taxes only went up a dollar, but he doesn't realize they are a year behind the valuations.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                    X