X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck bed covers

Trying to decide which cover to go with

Lomax or Bakflip MX4

Does anyone have either of these? Pros and cons?

Looking for something that is going to stay fairly watertight.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I have an extang revolution and it keeps everything dry but it seems like bakflip is the most popular these days
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I have an extang revolution and it keeps everything dry but it seems like bakflip is the most popular these days
      I prefer a folding top to a roll up.

I've seen good and bad reviews of both that I'm looking at. I can get the lomax for about $100 less thank the Bakflip, though, I prefer the look of the Bakflip because it sits lower.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        I prefer a folding top to a roll up.

Me too. I just got it NIB for 180 so I bought it lol
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Someone here recommended Peragon, so that’s what I put on. It’s been on for 10k miles, open, closed, camping, offroading, and done well. The most surprising thing has been the water resistance. My only gripe is that when folded in the bed it cuts bed length about 6”. If it’s an issue though, it’s easy to remove.

Comment

Retrax pro power

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
              Retrax pro power
              Definitely more than I'm looking to spend
              Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Someone here recommended Peragon, so that’s what I put on. It’s been on for 10k miles, open, closed, camping, offroading, and done well. The most surprising thing has been the water resistance. My only gripe is that when folded in the bed it cuts bed length about 6”. If it’s an issue though, it’s easy to remove.
              I'm not a fan of how it folds up. With a tri fold, you still have usable space in the front of the bed if needed.

Comment

We have a Bakflip on the Taco, it serves its purpose, but stuff in the bed can still get wet, just not soaked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  We have a Bakflip on the Taco, it serves its purpose, but stuff in the bed can still get wet, just not soaked.
                  Nice truck man! I have an older one and love the shit out of it!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Fiberglass!

Comment

I have a peragon bed cover. I bought the truck used with it already on it, but it matches, the color of the truck.

Looking for truck bed covers for sale? Our truck covers provide you with the ultimate upgrade for the back of your pickup truck ✓ Shop here!
                      Last edited by Unicorn Jeff; 07-04-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Retrax Pro MX on my Raptor. I love it. Aligned correctly, it’s 99% waterproof too so it turns the bed into a huge trunk especially with a Bed Rug.
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

I’ve always preferred folding to retracting. Folding covers are easy to remove and don’t take up any be space. BakFlip was the only thing I’ve used on my past trucks. But, this time around I went in an entirely different direction and got a Decked drawer system.

Another cover I would consider is a DiamondBack HD. Strong enough to load an ATV on the back. Pretty sweet IMO.

Comment

Since I have a dually with a gooseneck hitch, I went with a TrailFX rollup cover from Oreilly’s. Reasonably watertight and makes it super easy to get it out of the way to hook up to the trailer. The latch is behind the tailgate so if you can lock the tailgate, you can’t open the cover.

Comment

Started looking at these damn things and am regretting the full size long bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X