Tuning a Foixbody with a KenneBelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning a Foixbody with a KenneBelle

Just installed a KenneBell on a 331 stroker motor. Car really pulls hard above 2000 RPM, but is really rough below that range. Really bad on fuel usage. I think a custom tune is in order. Coach me on what devices are available. We have a dyno tune shop locally. Coach me a little.

Pretty sure to use the stock computer you'd need a chip and someone that can (still will) custom tune it on a dyno, don't waste time with mail in. Other options are a Mega/Micro Squirt (I've got a megasquirt) and tune yourself or hire out, or a Holley which are supposed to be awesome but much more expensive.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

KB will do a custom chip by mail. Just send them your mods and it will be close and safe.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have a Moates Quarterhorse, a Burn1 chip burner, and a chip I will sell for $200.

Comment

Holley Terminator has a 302 ecm now

Comment

The Holley EFI is the shit. I have it on two cars. It will do anything you want it to do and then more. It ain't cheap though.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              KB will do a custom chip by mail. Just send them your mods and it will be close and safe.
              Sorry, but I think this is really bad advice. There’s no chance I’d do a canned tune especially on a Forced induction setup. A tune needs to be adjusted while monitored.

Your options are:
              -new modern ecu $$$, it will still have to be tuned
              -dyno tune with a SCT chip from a local shop, this can go bad - most shops won’t want to mess with it and if they can’t get it right they’ll claim you have a mechanical problem and send you out the door to get it off their dyno.
              -Moates quarter horse and do it yourself. Steep learning curve.
              -Moates quarter horse and pay someone to tune it remotely. There’s a few out there and they are weirdos.

Your best bet if you have the $$ is an aftermarket ecu and someone locally to help tune it.

Comment

What do ya'll think about the MicroSquirt?

EFI Source supplies Goldbox, MegaSquirt, MicroSquirt, LS, Hemi, Harness, and other programmable EFI systems and products o the performance minded automotive community.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                  What do ya'll think about the MicroSquirt?

https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/mi...d-5-0-mustang/
                  Similar to the megasquirt that I have, good stuff, and Doug (Bluecouperedvert on here) can tune them pretty well if you need it.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think a new system instead of the add on chip is the better way to go. I already have a gazillion in the car, but isn't it always like that with toys ?

Comment

The guys I know that have the pro-m swear by it and the owner of pro-m from what I understand will practically tune it for you.

Comment

Foixbody, I have nothing intelligent to add, but every time I read the title I think of a woman up north saying “foixbody”
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Sorry about the typo.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                            Sorry about the typo.
                            Haha no worries!! Gave me a laugh! Try saying it out loud!
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

isn't jetfast the master resident of the the ecc-iv fox body platform? is that guy still around

Comment

Working...
                              X