Texas H.B. No.A2165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the for-profit prisons REALLY don't want to see this. We lock up a PILE of people each year for pot.
    Not really. In TX you have to have 5 lbs or more to be able to get any pen time. Not sure about you but I have only seen that much pot a few times and I know a lot of shady people.

I am all on board for making it and all other drugs legal.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Thus I assume this bill decriminalizes it, but does not "legalize" the sale of it per se.
      Would you have to have anything written to authorize the sale of it? Is there a law legalizing the sale of (insert random item here)?

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Not really. In TX you have to have 5 lbs or more to be able to get any pen time.
        Just like everything else you post, this is absolutely false.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Right. Possession > 2 oz with intent could net you a year or three if the judge felt like a dick that day.

Comment

It appears Rand Paul is introducing a bill to legalize pot in the Senate tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
              Would you have to have anything written to authorize the sale of it? Is there a law legalizing the sale of (insert random item here)?
              Legal authorization to sell meds by prescription comes to mind.

Comment

Really? Show me. Or should I just show you?

Local Decriminalization Drugged Driving Low THC Mandatory Minimum Sentence Penalty Details Possession Possession of 2…

Possession up to 5 pounds with no prior criminal history can only get you up to 2 years in a a state jail. State jails are not the same as the state pen.
                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Local Decriminalization Drugged Driving Low THC Mandatory Minimum Sentence Penalty Details Possession Possession of 2…

Possession up to 5 pounds with no prior criminal history can only get you up to 2 years in a a state jail. State jails are not the same as the state pen.
                  There is absolutely no difference between a state jail and state penitentiary. There is state jail and federal. You're trying to argue a distinction you didn't even make correctly.

Comment

You're going to make a great lawyer!

Comment

There is absolutely no difference between a state jail and state penitentiary. There is state jail and federal. You're trying to argue a distinction you didn't even make correctly.

No difference between TDCJ and the TX state jails? They are by law a completely different legal entity. You need to go study the ruiz v estelle federal law suite that prompted the creation of the state jails.

Comment

No difference between TDCJ and the TX state jails? They are by law a completely different legal entity. You need to go study the ruiz v estelle federal law suite that prompted the creation of the state jails.
                        "state jail" time is served day for day, and for non violent offenders. Both are under control of TDC. Several prisons even house both, but they are kept seperately.

I don't think you even understand the points you are trying to argue.

Comment

"state jail" time is served day for day, and for non violent offenders. Both are under control of TDC. Several prisons even house both, but they are kept seperately.

I don't think you even understand the points you are trying to argue.
                          You said that I was telling a falsehood when I said that you can't get pen time in TX for possession of pot under 5lbs so I showed you a summery of sentences permited under the law and told you that the state jail system is legally not the state penitentiary in TX.

Comment

Not really. In TX you have to have 5 lbs or more to be able to get any pen time.
                            You said that I was telling a falsehood when I said that you can't get pen time in TX for possession of pot under 5lbs so I showed you a summery of sentences permited under the law and told you that the state jail system is legally not the state penitentiary in TX.

Pen time. Meaning penitentiary. Since this needs to be spelled out for you....

Thesaurus.com is the world’s largest and most trusted online thesaurus for 25+ years. Join millions of people and grow your mastery of the English language.

You then started trying to differentiate state jail vs TDCJ. When TDCJ still runs "state jail", and "state jail" is more about how you do the time than it is anything else. It is a classification of a felony.

Comment

Pen time. Meaning penitentiary. Since this needs to be spelled out for you....

Thesaurus.com is the world’s largest and most trusted online thesaurus for 25+ years. Join millions of people and grow your mastery of the English language.

You then started trying to differentiate state jail vs TDCJ. When TDCJ still runs "state jail", and "state jail" is more about how you do the time than it is anything else. It is a classification of a felony.
                              I defer to the TX state legislators and TX law as to what the definition of a penitentiary is in the state of TX and not to a thesaurus. The TX state jail system was established it statute to SPECIFICALLY NOT BE A PENITENTIARY as defined by TX law. TDCJ penitentiary inmates can serve time in a State Jail but State Jail inmates can not serve time in a TDCJ penitentiary. The two systems were set up to be a separate legal entity for a reason and that reason was to skirt the federal giverments orders in the ruiz v estelle case.

Words have meaning and the law is made from words. In TX State Jail doesn't mean penitentiary and that is the law. Kind of like "Established by the states" doesn't mean established by the federal givernment in the latest obamacare law suit.

This has gotten off topic; I hope that they legalize all street drugs in TX and not just pot.

PS TX fought tooth and nail in federal court to prove that the State Jail system is not a penitentiary and they won.
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-09-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

They need to amend that to where if you have a prior record for pot possession it gets expunged if the bill passes into law. But thats my .02 on it.
                                1990 GT

Comment

Working...
                                X