Melonite AR-15 Barrel Extension Torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melonite AR-15 Barrel Extension Torque

I bought a 300 blackout upper a while back and switched out the muzzle device to a 51T mount. One of the brownells action rods was used to hold the barrel during install.

I just came across a thread about the melonite barrels moving in the extension if not clamped in a V block while installing a muzzle device.

Is there anything obvious other than gas tube alignment that would indicate there has been movement? Will a set of .556 head space gauges work to check a 300 blackout chamber?

no the headspace gauges wont work. If the barrel extension is moving, sounds like it isn't torqued properly.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They torqued the extension before the coating process which apparently causes the problem.

The company offered to send an RMA and check it, but I may just end up buying the gauges.

Comment

I have the 300blk gauges if you need to borrow them.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Thanks for he offer but I think its fine. I pulled the barrel and nothing looked strange or felt loose. I also put maybe 200 rounds through it a couple weeks ago without issue.

Comment

Working...
          X