No announcement yet.

FiOS users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate dealing with Frontier, but they internet is the fast.
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      I hate dealing with Frontier, but they internet is the fast.
      This.

For a while, ours was really really spotty. Someone cut a fiber line doing some construction in our neighborhood, and whoever Frontier sent out to re-splice it didn't do it properly, resulting in random drops and latency at random times. Someone came out to fix it after I complained enough times, and the technician found that and they credited a month of my bill back to me, but it took them over two months to finally listen to me and send someone out to check the issue.

Other than customer support, the service itself has been great, besides what they fucked up and finally fixed two months later.

Comment

Speed test results:
        149.8/168.6 Frontier
        356.2/23.5 TimeWarner/ATT

Not sure what the fuck I'm going to do now, I didnt give this much thought.

Maybe i'll put all my media server stuff on the Fiber, and then everything else on the ATT.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
          Speed test results:
          149.8/168.6 Frontier
          356.2/23.5 TimeWarner/ATT

Not sure what the fuck I'm going to do now, I didnt give this much thought.

Maybe i'll put all my media server stuff on the Fiber, and then everything else on the ATT.
          dual WAN router, all inbound on FIOS with 150 upload? Outbound primary on TimeWarner, with FIOS failover?

Or find a true SDWAN type device like velocloud, the will bond the connections for you?

Comment

What I ended up doing was putting all my media and externally facing servers on the fiber since it has the most upload, and everything else on the cable modem since it has twice as much download speed. Unfortunately none of the quick load balancing solutions I could find would properly do the task I wanted, so I just setup two gateways on the same network and change the gateway depending on the device.

I also bought some Unifi access points since we needed more internal bandwidth due to how much data we stream. Usually I would just wire up our media devices with cable but were not living here long and I dont want to fuck the place up.

Comment

What I ended up doing was putting all my media and externally facing servers on the fiber since it has the most upload, and everything else on the cable modem since it has twice as much download speed. Unfortunately none of the quick load balancing solutions I could find would properly do the task I wanted, so I just setup two gateways on the same network and change the gateway depending on the device.

I also bought some Unifi access points since we needed more internal bandwidth due to how much data we stream. Usually I would just wire up our media devices with cable but were not living here long and I dont want to fuck the place up.
              I just did the cabling for the new house we are building, and had them drop cat 6 in each bedroom, living room, and on the porch, all terminating to the master closet. I then had them drop 4 outlets on the eves of the house for PoE cameras. No sense in waiting until after it's built to get it all wired how I want.

I feel ya on the rent house stuff. We're going to have to rent for 6+ months while we build, since our house sold this weekend.

Comment

I plan on running some SFP+ jacks to rooms simply because I dont see bandwidth usage ever going down unless someone breaks the weissman compression barrier. Also where did you end up building? I always forget your name on facebook.

Comment

I plan on running some SFP+ jacks to rooms simply because I dont see bandwidth usage ever going down unless someone breaks the weissman compression barrier. Also where did you end up building? I always forget your name on facebook.
                  Jack Burton.

Just up the road from Woodbridge. Alanis Crossing Phase II. NW Corner of Alanis Dr and 544 in Wylie.

Comment

Shit man, you're less than a mile from me, I'm at Fair Parke Lane in Wylie. We could probably share wifi.

Comment

Your name is actually Jack Burton?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Your name is actually Jack Burton?
                        Yes and his wife's name is Gracie Law, well Gracie Burton now...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                        X