Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full body scanners waste of money expert says he can get explosives past them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full body scanners waste of money expert says he can get explosives past them.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.
    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

This video is in German but you'll get the gist of it. Basically a German physicist shows off how he can get bomb making components through the machine. He does put one component in his mouth but the rest are in his clothing, not any body cavities.

embed fail
    Ein bisschen peinlich war es schon f?r Wolfgang Bosbach (CDU) bei Markus Lanz (13.1.10). Da wurde ein "Nacktscanner" getestet, und der Proband (Werner Grube...

Comment

Something I've always found funny about all the security checkpoint BS. Can't have nail clippers, but once you get past security you can eat in a restaurant with knives.

What's to stop a group of people from stealing the silverware and bringing it on the plane???

Illusion of security.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Yep, those scanners can't see through body tissue. A terrorist can shove enough explosives up his/her ass to take down an airliner.

Comment

The sham is the TSA official that enacted those scanners has a stake in the company that sells them. Just like Perry and the HPV shot.
          An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I am unsure if the new scanners detect non metallic objects like plastic. I don't think they do. I know one glaring problem with the old system was weapons made out of resin. You can buy a kit at any hobby store and cast a knife made of a composite resin that you could fuck someone up with. It wouldn't hold a really good edge but it could do some serious damage as a stabbing weapon.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

When I worked for Delta and ASA at DFW you could have got anything you wanted onto the airport. TSA is just a big show.

Comment

I think yall are 100% right. It only makes for a big hassle for those of us who care about it. I should've bought stock in screwdriver companies cause I've probably bought 20 of them since 9/11 for work....times everyone who needs to use screwdrivers....
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

A prosthetic leg, breast implants or a colostomy bag could all be used to transport explosives. What's the point though when they can construct a bomb inside of something as simple as a toner cartridge and we'd miss it? Without the Saudi's "help" and some anonymous tips two different planes could have exploded over Chicago.

That toner cartridge could just as easily been a laptop, TV, radio or whatever. Al Qaeda has even surgically implanted bombs in dogs. If they ever manage to keep one alive long enough they could disquise one as a service animal, it'd walk right through the airport and onto a plane unchecked. Or just put it in a kennel and send it on it's way in the cargo hold.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    I think yall are 100% right. It only makes for a big hassle for those of us who care about it. I should've bought stock in screwdriver companies cause I've probably bought 20 of them since 9/11 for work....times everyone who needs to use screwdrivers....
                    I've accidentally gone through checkpoints with "banned" items so many times it's not funny.

I always have at least two small screwdrivers in my laptop bag and never has anyone said anything. Nail clippers? Yeah, they also never leave my bag either.

Hell, one day they let me slide with a pair of dykes but took all of my ID and personal info to copy and file away b/c I accidentally left a box of strike-anywhere matches in my bag.

I carry some strange looking electronics and cables sometimes also and they never say anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      I've accidentally gone through checkpoints with "banned" items so many times it's not funny.

I always have at least two small screwdrivers in my laptop bag and never has anyone said anything. Nail clippers? Yeah, they also never leave my bag either.

Hell, one day they let me slide with a pair of dykes but took all of my ID and personal info to copy and file away b/c I accidentally left a box of strike-anywhere matches in my bag.

I carry some strange looking electronics and cables sometimes also and they never say anything.
                      Yet, everytime I take my Oral B electric toothbrush in my carry on those mother fuckers act like it is a block of C4.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Yeah, it is not consistent cause for everything I've had taken I've left things, always by accident, in place.

I've heard stories of people leaving their guns in bags and making it through only to have to figure out another way home or FFL transfer it...etc.

Hell, a friend of mine mouthed off once and got a pat down. Even at that they did not find the butane lighter in his back pocket.

Mass security with under(over depending on perspective) paid people and a job that requires speed will never work properly.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Almost every time I fly, my camera lenses get checked for explosive material. You can see through them to see if anything is in them for fuck's sake.

Comment

[quote]Agents now touch all parts of passengers' bodies – men, women and children. Their gloved hands touch clothing and bare skin, around the neck and shoulders, and pants bottoms and skirts. Private parts are nudged, groped and squeezed.

And regardless of what's touched, they don't change gloves between gropings.

In medical clinics, gloves are changed between patients. Why should this be any different? [/qoute]
                            class joke
                            {
                            private:
                            char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                            double Peas, Carrots;
                            string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                            };

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I am unsure if the new scanners detect non metallic objects like plastic. I don't think they do. I know one glaring problem with the old system was weapons made out of resin. You can buy a kit at any hobby store and cast a knife made of a composite resin that you could fuck someone up with. It wouldn't hold a really good edge but it could do some serious damage as a stabbing weapon.
                              There are also ceramic knives, wonder how those show up?
                              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                              X