No announcement yet.

Building a new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the link I posted from. Maximum PC.

Comment

Check the link I posted from. Maximum PC.
      I did. Intel is covered with a solid build. The reason I don't need to post another.

Comment

Watch the newegg combo deals...some great buys lately.

I recently built a new system and splurged A LOT more than I originally wanted.

Went with the i7 2600 3.4GHz, 8gb ram, expensive Intel board with cool LED skull on it, WD sata 6gb drive and a gaming case with lots of cool LED's.. LOL!

Been pretty happy with it so far but need to find a better video card as it seems a little slow. This machine is also my first Win 7 setup. I like the speed but have yet to touch the full potential of it. Mostly wanted to be able to play duke nukem forever....but have yet to buy it as the demo didn't work with my wireless keyboard. It kept timing out on holding the key and would stop moving. Need to find an old wired keyboard and see if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
          Buy the CPU from Microcenter, it's amazing how much they mark down processors there. Get everything else from Newegg.com
          microcenter will price match agains't newegg.

Comment

if its not for gaming then why build a desktop? i have always build my own computers and my last one recently died. i don't do any gaming so i just bought a basic laptop for $500 bucks (hp g62, athlon II 2.2G, 3G DDR3, windows 7 64bit). plus now i can take it where ever i want.
            Last edited by jnobles06; 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
              Thanks for the help all. It will be for gaming and not sure on the PSU will ask him.
              Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
              if its not for gaming then why build a desktop? i have always build my own computers and my last one recently died. i don't do any gaming so i just bought a basic laptop for $500 bucks (hp g62, athlon II 2.2G, 3G DDR3, windows 7 64bit). plus now i can take it where ever i want.

Comment

Shop mechanical, ergonomic, RGB, and wireless keyboards at Micro Center. We carry the best keyboards for Mac and PCs.

Either or...

Get answers to your questions about order status, product information, returns, account questions, business sales, and so much more. We offer several forms of help including community support, chat, email.

Get answers to your questions about order status, product information, returns, account questions, business sales, and so much more. We offer several forms of help including community support, chat, email.

Buy G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

That's about $300 and leaves a lot of room for the GPU of preference.
                Last edited by Tx Redneck; 07-26-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post

wold have smart to put that info in the original post. especially when asking about a build.

and since it's for gamming good luck with a $500 budget any decent graphics card will cost half the budget.

to the op. with that small of a budget for a gaming setup I don't think you'll need to worry about what's "the bee's knees" maybe you can get what's the bees knees a few years ago.

I do have a few gigs of ddr2 you can have that I pulled from my old set up before I tossed it. pm me if you want it.

Comment

At Microcenter between the CPU, GPU, and dropping the CPU fan for the one that comes with the CPU, puts my original build a hair over $500. Just an FYI. And with that PSU, you can drop a twin in down the road no problem!

Comment

another option is the new AMD processor.. the A*-3850..

has video built in I believe Radeon HD6550...

Built a computer with it this week and it seems to run pretty smooth.. have not tested games on it.. Im sure its not great but $135 for CPU and Video card..

Can always add a second card and crossfire later

Not that windows experience rating matters but out of 7.9 it got

Processor 7.3
                      Gaming graphics 6.7
                      graphics 5.6

Comment

Working...
                      X