ISIS chop off 21 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Hitler was a devout Roman Catholic, you mouthbreathing dipshit.
    Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Might want to rethink that statement. He was raised Catholic, but didn't stay that way. IMO, he was following some bastardized Christian/Pagan belief system. But it wasn't Catholic.
    There you guys go... confusing Catholicism and Christianity again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
      He attempted to do the same thing to me. Apparently, someone not defending something they didn't say means that what they did say is wrong.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      How so? It shows how evil Christianity can be and often is.
      So he didn't say the bold part? I am not saying anyone is wrong. Just wanted further explanation on this claim, and am getting the runaround.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post

So he didn't say the bold part? I am not saying anyone is wrong. Just wanted further explanation on this claim, and am getting the runaround.
        You said:

Originally posted by SS Junk
        Still no explanation for this? I am a Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ. How am I evil?
        That was not you asking for clarification on what he said. That was you not understanding what he said, now you're trying to move the goalpost. I will indulge you though. Look into the acts in the name of christianity in Africa. More specifically, killing kids for being witches and homosexuality carrying a death penalty.

Comment

Or maybe he isn't worried about condemning shit that happened in another country? It's up to Iraq to condemn the actions that take place within their borders.
          Not to pick on you specifically, but more that mindset. This is some cop-out shit. Even verbalizing a condemnation is too much and he shouldn't worry about it? As a human being - nationalism and all the other bullshit aside - do you honestly feel that these things...
          • Beheading
          • Burning
          • Crucifixion
          • Organ harvesting
          • Stoning
          • Throwing people from buildings
          • Enslavement
          • Sexual enslavement
          • and then there's the blasé headshots en masse.

... can be brushed aside with "let them deal with it" ?

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

- John Stuart Mill

As for the Islam vs Christianity stuff, yeah bad things were done in the past in the name of "The Church." Bad things were done on both sides. That shit has no place in the modern world though, and that's the problem here. The world modernized and these cultures did not.

You can compare to present-day ISIS to Medieval Catholicism all you want, but living in the past does not change now.

This isn't some proxy war for oil or a 'let's use Afghanistan as a springboard to get into Iraq' scheme or anything else like the past. This is literally a quickly growing group bent on complete medieval domination. It is well documented and they are proud of it. There are no skewed intelligence reports to be refuted 10 years down the road and there are no seven-times-removed anecdotal stories about them maybe possibly having WMDs. They are filming their atrocities and postmarking the videos to us while beaming with pride.

Look at these numbers
          the documented ISI incidents include 1,700 captives executed in Tikrit, Iraq, and 650 in Mosul, Iraq. Some 1,000 Turkmen massacred, including 100 children. More than 2,000 women and children kidnapped. “Systematic hunting of members of ethnic and religious groups.” Women raped and sold. Young boys executed. Girls enslaved for sexual abuse. Children recruited as suicide bombers. More than 1 million refugees, half of them kids
          Or this one single massacre in July last year:
          “Information from a survivor and analysis of videos and satellite imagery has confirmed the existence of three more mass execution sites,” says the report. That brings the death toll to “between 560 and 770 men.” The captives were shot dead while lying in trenches with their hands bound.
          The list goes on.

“As warriors, as humanitarians, they've taught me that without courage, compassion falters, and that without compassion, courage has no direction. Yet the basic fact remains: we live in a world marked by violence, and if we want to protect others, we sometimes have to be willing to fight.”

― Eric Greitens
          Last edited by Strychnine; 02-18-2015, 01:11 PM.

Comment

That was not you asking for clarification on what he said. That was you not understanding what he said, now you're trying to move the goalpost. I will indulge you though. Look into the acts in the name of christianity in Africa. More specifically, killing kids for being witches and homosexuality carrying a death penalty.

I am not moving anything. Once again, I read a claim regarding Christianity being evil in present tense. I have asked several times for further explanation as to how Christianity is evil in present tense. I state I am a Christian and ask how I am evil. All that is happening now is everyone but the source trying to tell me what I read is not what I read. It's comical.

As far as the things happening in Africa, I can't explain what is going on there. I have been a Christian all of my life and have never been told it is necessary to kill homosexuals or those proclaimed as witches. Lots of bad people in this world regardless of their belief system.

Comment

I generally only see anyone bring up christianity's past when people attempt to use the actions of a minority of adherents to claim that the entire religion is that way.

I've never seen anyone excuse their atrocities because of the similarities.
              what present day similarities? Present day, hell ill let you go back 5 years, what is similar?
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                As far as the things happening in Africa, I can't explain what is going on there. I have been a Christian all of my life and have never been told it is necessary to kill homosexuals or those proclaimed as witches. Lots of bad people in this world regardless of their belief system.
                no way you too, I was feeling like a minority Christian or something for not being taught proper raping and pillaging.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  what present day similarities? Present day, hell ill let you go back 5 years, what is similar?
                  Based on the claim that I'm making here, your question is nonsensical.
                  Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Based on the claim that I'm making here, your question is nonsensical.
                    No its not. LOL!

People are comparing the actions of "Christians" from several hundred years ago to Christians of today in response of comparing the actions of modern day Muslims with modern day Muslims.

Talk about nonsensical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      No its not. LOL!

People are comparing the actions of "Christians" from several hundred years ago to Christians of today in response of comparing the actions of modern day Muslims with modern day Muslims.

Talk about nonsensical.
                      No, I'm not. Unless you can show me where I've said that...
                      Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

• Mortal Kombat is the best video game ever.....

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          no way you too, I was feeling like a minority Christian or something for not being taught proper raping and pillaging.
                          See, I have yet to find Christ saying behead anyone or stone anyone or kill anyone. I'm on my reread through the Bible trying to find it but I welcome someone pointing me to this.

The New Testament: Christ fulfilled the law and thus, we are not under it. We are under grace and thus, if you are a Christian, you believe you are saved by grace and you try not to sin. No beheadings, crucifictions, throwing people from buildings or raping children required.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            Mortal Kombat is the best video game ever.....
                            I like Maniac Mansion or Silent Service though right now I'm digging Elite Dangerous
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No, I'm not. Unless you can show me where I've said that...
                              Pretty sure he was not saying you were comparing, but rather your reply to matts5.0 as being nonsensical is nonsensical, which it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                                I like Maniac Mansion or Silent Service though right now I'm digging Elite Dangerous
                                It's Donkey Kong.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X