Fired up the smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired up the smoker

for the first time today. In case you missed my thread in the picture section I got this thing about 2 weeks ago. Since my wife got released from the hospital today I was short on time and only did some chicken quarters. They turned out great though. Since I'm home all week taking care of my wife I figured the time would be well spent getting to know my smoker. Tomorrow I plan on smoking some ribs. Than its on to a whole chicken and maybe a brisket after that. I also plan on doing some pulled pork for 4th of July.

If anyone has sugestions on things to smoke I'm all ears. Also I'll be updating this thread with pictures of how everything turns out.

Looks great.

Comment

Smoking has been covered on dozens of threads in here. Do a search.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Tonights dinner.

Comment

subscribed! cool smoker

Comment

Done with dinner.

Comment

How the ribs turn out? Did you cook them the hole time uncovered?
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                How the ribs turn out? Did you cook them the hole time uncovered?
                They turned out good and probably could of went another 30 minutes. I cooked them the whole time uncovered between 225 and 250. I'd spray them with some applejuice every 30 minutes and they actually had a hint of sweet taste to them.

Comment

Cooking a whole chicken tonight.

Comment

man fuck every one of you. I cant wait to get back into a house. Apartment living sucks.

Comment

Daniel I just put on some chicken.... I've got plenty... drive to Carrollton, TX and you can have some
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        Cooking a whole chicken tonight.

You'll get more flavor if you peel the skin back (slow and easy) and put your rub inside the skin, rather than on the outside. Injectables are good (must inject along the bones) with poultry as well. Oh, and a beer can up the ass will help with moisture as well. Not a must, more like a bonus.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          Daniel I just put on some chicken.... I've got plenty... drive to Carrollton, TX and you can have some
                          I'll be there in 6 hours.

< = = = = = =

Comment

[QUOTE=bcoop;302219] Oh, and a beer can up the ass will help with moisture as well...QUOTE]

Wonder if that will work on my wife... she has dry skin sometimes.....

Comment

Ya I saw your location.... come on down though
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                              X