Property taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property taxes

Got my estimate yesterday in the mail. I did some research last night and if you live in Tarrant County, I highly suggest you check yours vs your neighbors. I saw many accounts with land prices double what their neighbors were. The county screwed everyone last year on land value.

Some neighbors that have property in Keller went from $180k in land value in 2015 to $467k in 2016 and now back to $268k. They got fucked in 2016. I think the appraisal district owes some people money on that bullshit. But that being said, with the new value of $268k, they have neighbors who have the same size land that are still valued at $467k.

You still have that property? Sounds like rich people stuff they probably don't care.
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't get a valuation notice last year and there isn't one online yet this year either. Even better when I logged into the county's payment system there wasn't a tax due. They sent a bill to my lien holder just before the end of the year though for slightly more than 2015. According to TAD it's a "glitch" in their system, I think it's just so I can't protest.

Comment

Always fight that shit, always. They do blanket raises with no research. Get local comps. Also if you've had any major work done to your house in the tax year you can deduct that from your home's taxable value for that year.

Comment

I just got my letter from TAD yesterday and it went up.. Their assessed value increased by the max of 10%. Their 'appraised' value is about 15% higher than that.

I will try and dispute but I know it's well under actual value and there have been a few recent sales around us.

Comment

My neighbors are about to get screwed. My property was valued at $245K last year. I'm selling it for $310K. My neighbor across the street sold his for $340K. Another neighbor is trying to sell his for $359K. However he's being unrealistic. I expect his to sell for $320-330K.

Taxes will definitely be going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              My neighbors are about to get screwed. My property was valued at $245K last year. I'm selling it for $310K. My neighbor across the street sold his for $340K. Another neighbor is trying to sell his for $359K. However he's being unrealistic. I expect his to sell for $320-330K.

Taxes will definitely be going up.
              Man you never know.. I've seen people get some crazy ass numbers lately
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Haven't received anything on my house yet. Excited to see where it is.

Comment

Im still under by 20k of what mine will be listed for.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I got my shit yesterday.
                    Said since 2012 my home has increased in value 49%

All I know is when I bought the home in 2013, my taxes were $2400, now they're $3750... What the fuck.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                      I got my shit yesterday.

All I know is when I bought the home in 2013, my taxes were $2400, now they're $3750... What the fuck.
                      Quit yer bitching, try $7000.00(ish)
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I got my shit yesterday.

I won the battle the first year we got our tax statement in our home. We paid 92K, they adjusted it from 110K down to 97K. Not where I wanted, but I'll take it.

Last year, it went up again, appraised was more than the 20% increase, so they adjusted it down to the 10% increase and we ended up at 106K ish appraised value. I can only imagine what they are going to do this year. Time to get more quotes for HVAC, foundation repair, fence, etc.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Quit yer bitching, try $7000.00(ish)
                        My boss lives in the subdivision we build in here in Forney. He said his taxes are between 9K and 10K!
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I'm kind of a dumbass, so why is there such a large disparity between the "2017 Market Value" and "2017 Appraised Value"?

MV = 44% higher than AV
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

My guess is that AV is based on historical values of a given square footage, lot-size, updates, erc., and MV is based on what people are currently paying due to demand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my shit yesterday.

My house says its up 112% since 2012

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              I'm kind of a dumbass, so why is there such a large disparity between the "2017 Market Value" and "2017 Appraised Value"?

MV = 44% higher than AV
                              Market value is what they say it is actually worth. Appraised value is what they can tax you at. Im assuming your are homesteaded so they can only raise you 10% per year. Your taxes will go up every year the max 10% until your appraised value equals your market value

Comment

Working...
                              X