Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The All Time Best Rat Trap I Have Ever Tested. Dunk The Rat Trap In Action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All Time Best Rat Trap I Have Ever Tested. Dunk The Rat Trap In Action.

There's a guy on youtube that tests every rat trap, literally hundreds of different ones.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      There's a guy on youtube that tests every rat trap, literally hundreds of different ones.
      I've seen the guy you're talking about. I think the most successful one he's used is a roller across a bucket filled with water. It's pretty neat how he recreates traps from along time ago.

Comment

It grosses me out this dude touches the trap without gloves after rats have been all over it. Rats are fucking disgusting!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          That's him I posted!

Comment

Yeah that guy must have some serious rat problems. Needs to call the piper and get it over with
            WH

Comment

I ordered one of these. We've been dealing with rats in the shop and in the house. We finally found a good cat and his presence has been enough to keep the rats from coming inside the house but they're still around. I catch 1-2 every week in the snap traps we have set around the house and in the shop.

I'd love to see this plank design catch several in one night.

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                I've seen the guy you're talking about. I think the most successful one he's used is a roller across a bucket filled with water. It's pretty neat how he recreates traps from along time ago.
                I bought one of those, but I haven't caught any mice because the damn dogs keep licking the peanut butter off of the roller.

Comment

Watched a couple of the other videos too. We have cats in the house, which keep the mice out, but there are mice in the garage. We've been pretty successful with the normal sticky traps but I really don't enjoy having to kill the mice myself and have probably had to crush about 15 or so mice in the last year..

I'm giving that bucket / roller trap a try. I already have the bucket, PVC and plenty of scrap wood for ramps.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                    It grosses me out this dude touches the trap without gloves after rats have been all over it. Rats are fucking disgusting!
                    I thought the same thing. I could take a bite out of a human corpse and it would not bother me but rodents make my skin crawl.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I don't have the typical aversions that most people have... snakes, spiders, rodents. But I do have one. Cockroaches. I fucking hate cockroaches. They make my skin crawl. And they can fucking fly too. Just great.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        The same guy has videos of him cooking and eating them too.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Watched a couple of the other videos too. We have cats in the house, which keep the mice out, but there are mice in the garage. We've been pretty successful with the normal sticky traps but I really don't enjoy having to kill the mice myself and have probably had to crush about 15 or so mice in the last year..

I'm giving that bucket / roller trap a try. I already have the bucket, PVC and plenty of scrap wood for ramps.
                          Just drop them in a bucket of water and walk away. Come back later and toss it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                            Just drop them in a bucket of water and walk away. Come back later and toss it.
                            Nah, they'd still be attached to the sticky trap and that would end up sticking to the bucket, or other mice and shit.. That stuff is a nightmare to get off. Easier to just wrap them up in newspaper and stomp them.

In addition to not having to deal with live mice, the attraction to the bucket is that there is no resetting and multiple can be caught by the same trap overnight. Far more efficient, and no cost vs. buying more sticky traps each time they're used up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Nah, they'd still be attached to the sticky trap and that would end up sticking to the bucket, or other mice and shit.. That stuff is a nightmare to get off. Easier to just wrap them up in newspaper and stomp them.

In addition to not having to deal with live mice, the attraction to the bucket is that there is no resetting and multiple can be caught by the same trap overnight. Far more efficient, and no cost vs. buying more sticky traps each time they're used up.

We set a bunch of sticky pads in the kitchen one night. My 10 YO came out for a drink of water... barefoot of course... you can imagine the mess.

We were overrun with rats in the shop. I tried the can on a string hung in a 5 gallon bucket and never caught a single rat. I’m going to place this “plank” trap outside since they run around the perimeter of the house. Hopefully I can fill it with rats.

Comment

Working...
                              X