Got myself an old Fourtrax 300.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got myself an old Fourtrax 300.

Recently got back into 4 wheeling, and I had wanted a manual clutch ATV since I was a kid, so I picked up a Suzuki Z400. It was fast as all hell, loud, and fun... Right up until I went trail riding. Working the clutch was exhausting, the plastics offered no mud protection, I could barely get it above 20mph before slowing down, and I sank in the mud.

Meanwhile, my brother in law is cruising along with his Polaris Magnum 425 4x4, having all kinds of fun, pulling my ass out of the mud. I realized at this point, that the Z400 would be great for a track or dunes, but fucking sucked on the trails we have around here. So I sold the Z400 and went on the hunt for a 4x4.

I quickly found out that finding a clean 4x4 with a title for my $2k budget wasn't happening. Upped my money and found this guy. One owner 00 Fourtrax 300 4x4. Not one single problem with it, fired right up when it was snowing outside, super swampers, CV guards, clean title, etc. Paid a little more than I would like to at $2600, but considering the circumstances, I can live with it. Only problem now is that it's so clean that I don't want to get it dirty.

Jesus...are those old ones really that spendy? I'd damn near rather pop for a new one at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Jesus...are those old ones really that spendy? I'd damn near rather pop for a new one at that point.
      For clean ones with a title? Absolutely. New ones are $6-$10k.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        For clean ones with a title? Absolutely. New ones are $6-$10k.
        shit, the twins are going for 15-18k...thats before mods

they have gotten absolutely ridiculous but that price buys you a whole lota fun

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
          shit, the twins are going for 15-18k...thats before mods

they have gotten absolutely ridiculous but that price buys you a whole lota fun
          Yeah, it's insane, most I've ever spent on a car was $8k. From what I hear, the RZR's have a serious problem with throwing the belt if you try to reverse while stuck in the mud.

Something nice about the Fourtrax that I bought is that it's well known to be the most unkillable atv ever built. A lot of times, the newer stuff is far less reliable.

Comment

I didn't realize they had gotten that bad. Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              I didn't realize they had gotten that bad. Insane.
              Yep. Heck, you can get on craigslist atv section, type in "4x4 title" with a $3k cap and you will find about 7 atv's.

A big bear with bald tires and 2K miles, a couple of decent Honda Ranchers, and a sportsman 400, which needs the pull start and speedometer fixed and stinks like rat piss.

The sportsmans 400 was my first choice, but he was asking $2200 and it needed a significant amount of work. You can find pretty clean Arctic cats and Kawasaki bikes for cheap, but they have TERRIBLE reputations.

Comment

Recently bought Polaris Sportsman 570 (wife’s), and 850 (mine). Wife and I have been having a lot of fun riding. Both were quite a bit of money...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                  Recently bought Polaris Sportsman 570 (wife’s), and 850 (mine). Wife and I have been having a lot of fun riding. Both were quite a bit of money...
                  Where are you riding? I've been sticking to back roads and I've been to Brushy Creek once.

Comment

Working...
                  X