Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I wouldn't sit at a bar to wait for my pick up order to begin with.
    You think you're better than me?

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
      Entitled? You walk into a place where the staff is paid for the service with tips and are one of the only cocksuckers that doesn’t pay for the service. Maybe you should call ahead and ask if they want to donate their time to ya.
      I get your point, but I'm simply not paying more for a quick in/out on my part where I'm already paying too much for typically basic food - for convenience. I give a buck or two, but even that drives me nuts.

I think you're lost on who the POS is in this scenario. It's the employer, not the consumer. Mitigate it where it comes to you all packed and ready by the short order cooks...etc.

However, the reality is the cooks/dishwashers are expensive in comparison to you. So it makes more sense to make you do double duty than to hire another minimum wage resource to compensate.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        One way to find out!

Comment

Lmao that's gold

Comment

I wouldn't sit at a bar to wait for my pick up order to begin with.
            Thats because youre a little BITCH that gets punked out by young children. You bitch!

Comment

One way to find out!
              JITB 15 min.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                JITB 15 min.
                Just know if we fight, and I win, I gotta rape you.

Comment

Brad, prepare your anus
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    I get your point, but I'm simply not paying more for a quick in/out on my part where I'm already paying too much for typically basic food - for convenience. I give a buck or two, but even that drives me nuts.

I think you're lost on who the POS is in this scenario. It's the employer, not the consumer. Mitigate it where it comes to you all packed and ready by the short order cooks...etc.

However, the reality is the cooks/dishwashers are expensive in comparison to you. So it makes more sense to make you do double duty than to hire another minimum wage resource to compensate.
                    I haven’t worked behind a bar or been compensated through tips in over 12 years. Anyone that can pass a drug test and is authorized to work in the US would be foolish to take a job for minimum wage right now. There’s too many businesses with labor shortages to settle for minimum wage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I assumed everyone knew the rules already.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                        I haven’t worked behind a bar or been compensated through tips in over 12 years. Anyone that can pass a drug test and is authorized to work in the US would be foolish to take a job for minimum wage right now. There’s too many businesses with labor shortages to settle for minimum wage.
                        My admin makes about $70k a year. She quit and is moving to Canada. We are having a hell of a time finding someone. This labor shortage is no joke.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• For fast food, no. For casual dining take out, usually yes. But I keep it at 10% or a couple bucks.

Comment

• I don't go near Sonic, but if I did, and was parked, I would tip the person bringing out my food a buck or two.

Someone mentioned that they tip at Subway. The sandwich shop? I've eaten there lots of times, and have never seen a place to tip. Never even thought about tipping there.

In general, I can't think of a scenario where I would tip for fast food. I do tip a couple of bucks for take-out on a normal-sized order. for a big order with a bunch of meals that they have to get ready, I'd tip more, but not 20% of the entire ticket or anything.

I don't spend a ton of time trying to justify why I leave a tip. I'd have to stop and think about it to give a reason why I wouldn't tip. Maybe there could be a valid argument for not tipping, but idgaf. It's just a couple of bucks, so it doesn't really mean shit to me, but if it helps go towards making someone else's day a little brighter, then good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              I don't go near Sonic, but if I did, and was parked, I would tip the person bringing out my food a buck or two.

Someone mentioned that they tip at Subway. The sandwich shop? I've eaten there lots of times, and have never seen a place to tip. Never even thought about tipping there.

In general, I can't think of a scenario where I would tip for fast food. I do tip a couple of bucks for take-out on a normal-sized order. for a big order with a bunch of meals that they have to get ready, I'd tip more, but not 20% of the entire ticket or anything.

I don't spend a ton of time trying to justify why I leave a tip. I'd have to stop and think about it to give a reason why I wouldn't tip. Maybe there could be a valid argument for not tipping, but idgaf. It's just a couple of bucks, so it doesn't really mean shit to me, but if it helps go towards making someone else's day a little brighter, then good deal.
                              Pretty much every subway has a tip jar right by the register..
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                Pretty much every subway has a tip jar right by the register..
                                I've only been to one subway this year, yesterday in Woodville, and yes, they have a tip jar.

I saw it and thought of this thread. Then i thought "Heh, that's for suckers."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X