Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to me 2000 F150. Typical quirks and fixes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    I know there was a few years they would blow plugs out of the damn motor. A few people I know have had to have them fixed several times.
    Happened to my dad's 01 king ranch around 240K miles. I had a spare set of PI heads on the shelf, so I threw them on.

Comment

One dang coil was bad. Had me convinced several was bad as poorly as it was running. Replaced with a Motorcraft coil and swapped the Autolite plugs out for Motorcraft. Now it runs fine. All those loose bolts turned out to be just loose and I was able to snug them down without issue. The lazy person that swapped the plugs just didn't bother to tighten down. Some were nearly a 1/4" high and barely threaded in. Its still slow though, but at least it isn't bucking.

Comment

One of my buddies bought one from a guy for really cheap that "was going to need a whole motor" because "one of the pistons was broke". This was according to his mechanic who had supposedly replaced all the plugs and coil packs to try to track down a miss.

First thing we did when we got it was look at the #8 spark plug. It had never been changed of course. We swapped it out and it still runs great.

I think some idiots just look at those engines and piss their pants.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

I think some idiots just look at those engines and piss their pants.
          I've stared down the gaping maw of an LT1 4th gen camaro engine bay, I've stuck my hands into the paper shredder engine bay of a Nissan Altima, I've broken my arm in 4 place to reach the turbo bolts of a 6.0L powerstroke, and I've squeezed my hands into the tiny passageways of a TDI beetle.

The mod motors ain't shit to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I've stared down the gaping maw of an LT1 4th gen camaro engine bay, I've stuck my hands into the paper shredder engine bay of a Nissan Altima, I've broken my arm in 4 place to reach the turbo bolts of a 6.0L powerstroke, and I've squeezed my hands into the tiny passageways of a TDI beetle.

The mod motors ain't shit to me.
            You trying to 1up svo or some shit?
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              You trying to 1up svo or some shit?
              No one can do that. He once changed the engine in a helicopter using only an 11 mm socket and his dick.

Just pointing out that there are way worse engines/bays to work in.

Comment

No one can do that. He once changed the engine in a helicopter using only an 11 mm socket and his dick.

Just pointing out that there are way worse engines/bays to work in.
                Go and get yourself a 15 year old V8 BMW to work on. You'll come back humbled.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Go and get yourself a 15 year old V8 BMW to work on. You'll come back humbled.
                  Never had the pleasure on one of those. Done work on E46 and E60 BMW cars with 6 cylinders. They're a tight squeeze, but most of the stuff is designed with some common sense.

Comment

Never had the pleasure on one of those. Done work on E46 and E60 BMW cars with 6 cylinders. They're a tight squeeze, but most of the stuff is designed with some common sense.
                    The six cylinders are the good cars. The V8s are just terrible.

Comment

Working...
                    X