Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who have disappeared- DramaJuggz, Hollywood...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    was it negativity towards them?

because I don't receive any negativity on this board... I sometimes get tired of the same arguments between the same people, but I just ignore it

I see LESS negativity overall these days.

as for newbs? this place has NEVER been kind to newbs. What this does is weed out fucking pussies who can't banter/aren't witty/can't let shit roll off their back.

This isn't some watered down bullshit autoguide forum, and I wouldn't be here if it were. I don't add shit for content, but I certainly don't piss and moan about lack of content.
    Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    I get what you're saying, but everybody is getting older and have families and shit. Do I miss hanging out with everybody? Of course, but I don't want to hang out with a bunch of people I've never met who happen to be into mustangs because I miss the old days. And mustangs are what draws most random newbs here after all.

This isn't a mustang site. It hasn't been for a long time. It's a social forum. It's a unique forum that has clearly stood the test of time. If people are bored with it, don't like it, or want to freshen it up? Go somewhere else or start shitting some air effects. This isn't the only forum I'm on. I have plenty of local car/truck related GTG's I can attend if I want.

If I want to hang out with dfwm peeps, I want to hang with actual dfwm peeps, not a bunch of autoguide level mustang fags that I have zero common interest with
    Every bit of THIS!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
      It's funny that the Flying Saucer there used to get blamed for all the DWIs. It closed down but I bet there are just as many drunks driving around.
      I would think there are more now, personally. That's becoming more of a destination than it was back when Saucer was there.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Fuck this shit.

Comment

• ^^^^What he said.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Looks slow.

Comment

• ...I used to post some...

Comment

• Regarding the original topic (crazy, I know), we need a subforum in the HOF dedicated to member meltdowns. The ones where they actually left, maybe for good, or maybe for the third or fourth time. Those are some of my favorites. And sure, it leads to one less member, but that isn't always a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  Not sure where to put these point so here goes.

- Gas Prices are drastically different than 20 years ago
                  - Muscle and sports cars are getting expensive making entry into genre a little more gated
                  - the younger generations are not as into the car culture, freedom via the car is replaced by the net
                  - younger generation think bulletin boards are old tech, fucking reddit and twitter
                  - the 10ish year economic downturn resulted in less people owning weekend fun cars
                  - tracks and dragstips are suffering and closing
                  - speed shops and tuners are suffering and closing
                  Everyone is on facebook now.
                  I sell 4-5 mustangs a month a lot to younger guys
                  Foxbodys have a huge following with all ages
                  A lot of people know this isn't a great website for questions

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    Not sure where to put these point so here goes.

- Gas Prices are drastically different than 20 years ago
                    - Muscle and sports cars are getting expensive making entry into genre a little more gated
                    - the younger generations are not as into the car culture, freedom via the car is replaced by the net
                    - younger generation think bulletin boards are old tech, fucking reddit and twitter
                    - the 10ish year economic downturn resulted in less people owning weekend fun cars
                    - tracks and dragstips are suffering and closing
                    - speed shops and tuners are suffering and closing
                    I think that it's mostly that the core group is getting older now, with a lot more responsibility and kids. Getting drunk and having speed contests in Mexico doesn't have the same appeal that it used to, and the laws & penalties for engaging in that behavior have gotten far stiffer. Its not as innocent and fun as the days when, say, GC2 organized racing on the loop 12 frontage road in front of someones speed shop, or similar stuff was happening along the warehouses at 635 & 35.

Also, for a lot of us the GT/LX has been traded for a vehicle that is more suitable for everyday use - wrenching on the car all night in order to make it to work the next day just isn't as much fun as it used to be, and that huge cam and unreliability of the vehicle has become a pain in the ass to live with on a daily basis.

I read through this thread and the old antics that were mentioned that involved people that are no longer here made me smile. Good times.

Comment

• Bump.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                        Bump.
                        Do you not want the thread to disappear?

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Do you not want the thread to disappear?
                          I just figured you fuckers were wondering if I died.

Comment

• And you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              And you are?
                              Hey guys, new here, looking to do a PI swap on my 98 gt, any help? Looking forward to finally making some new internet friends!

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                                Hey guys, new here, looking to do a PI swap on my 98 gt, any help? Looking forward to finally making some new internet friends!
                                Tits or gtfo, newb!

Comment

Working...
                                X