Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Woof.

A Dallas officer fatally shot a 26-year-old man Thursday night when she entered his apartment near downtown, mistaking it for her own, police say.

The officer was not hurt in the 10 p.m. shooting at the South Side Flats at 1210 S. Lamar St., blocks from Dallas police headquarters in the Cedars.

Police officials say she had arrived at the complex after working a full shift and was still in full uniform when she entered the victim's apartment, thinking it was her home.

That's rough. RIP random dude.

Comment

I'm calling BS on this. Something tells me there was some personal interaction between the two and she decided to kill him. Even if the story is true its capital murder, or it would be if anyone else in the entire United States did it.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I don’t understand the article. It’s confusing and doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtotin View Post
          I don’t understand the article. It’s confusing and doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          A Dallas police officer in uniform broke into some ones apartment and when the home owner confronted the officer she shot and killed the man in his own home.

FYI, I have been in the building before, the doors lock automatically.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018, 11:40 AM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The article states that the police officer entered the victim's apartment, not that she broke into it. Your post illustrates perfectly how important details of stories often get changed by secondhand storytellers.

Comment

What's the point of adding that it occurred after she worked a full shift? Already giving her an out, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                The article states that the police officer entered the victim's apartment, not that she broke into it. Your post illustrates perfectly how important details of stories often get changed by secondhand storytellers.
                Though, some of the other tenants interviewed said they heard someone saying open up, open up. It may have been responding officers, or it may have been the alleged.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                What's the point of adding that it occurred after she worked a full shift? Already giving her an out, huh?
                My thoughts exactly.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I just heard they are going after the officer for manslaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    I've been in the building, there's no walking accidentally into the wrong unit because the doors automatically lock and have to be unlocked from the outside once you walk out of them. Unless by some slim possibility her door lock was keyed the same as his or if the keypad number just so happens to have the same combination then she forced entry into the apartment.

Edit: by the time DPD gets done spinning the story they're going to say the man had his door propped open with a shoe and that is how she gained entry without forcing the lock. Maybe you could explain how you enter through a locked door without a key or combination without forcing the entry, AKA breaking into.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Well shit. SVO just out experted the expert witness who is the key master for the complex because he's been there. Just bang the gavel now.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Well shit. SVO just out experted the expert witness who is the key master for the complex because he's been there. Just bang the gavel now.
                        I helped a friend move out of there a few days before the beginning of this month and I've been going there to see her for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          I just heard they are going after the officer for manslaughter.
                          It needs to be capital murder. Mistakenly or not, if you kill someone in their own home when you're in there and don't belong there it's a capital crime.

Edit: The public entrusted this woman with a great deal of power and she failed that trust miserably. If she had any sense of Honor she would say her goodbyes to friends and family and then eat her gun.

Comment

That's real fucked up, I could see how walking into the wrong apartment (it was unlocked) but whatever happened to pulling your weapon and saying 'freeze or "don't move" and I'm a police officer, something sounds fishy...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

The fact that they're pursuing charges at all suggests she fucked up good, in some way.

It was 10PM, maybe she was drunk or high or something, in uniform.. Don't know how else you confuse someone else's place as yours.. Right door, wrong floor?

Comment

Working...
                              X