• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    and you still have yet to stop in...
    He's been busy!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      100 percent correct.

If she was Susy Q citizen this would be handled the same way.................except they wouldn't have charged her with murder. The reason people believe such things is we are put in these situations far more than most others so it just gets a lot of publicity and there a re a shit load of no bills because we are doing our job and generally know when to use our weapons. While there are tons of examples out there of misconduct there are millions of interactions a year. It is just statistically the way it is.

Now to the haters on LE and it being such an easy job. I now work in a small town where " Nothing ever happens" right? This weekend my 3 folks and I handled 10 fucking domestic disturbances, and one was a 4 hour stand off mixed in with a bunch of other calls. I worked 40 hours in three days but that is not the hard part. I am not figuring out how to match pipes and cement things. I made several life and death decisions that played out well but there are several that could have ended badly. So not only am I dealing with totally irrational people, I also have the responsibility to my troops and the four county units I borrowed families, to get those folks home safe. I also have to explain to them on a regular basis why the same folks that caused such a stir are now going to be mad at them and back living together, trying to drop charges, and that we may have to deal with that again.

Yes I chose this profession, and most days it is not to shabby, however there are lots of days the stress is high. The other bad thing about this job is if you fuck up, there is a greater chance of getting charged for something than any other profession. The fryer at McDonalds is not going to catch a charge flipping burgers.
      Nothing ever happens down in podunk Venus

Comment

• I can't believe she took the stand today...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          I can't believe she took the stand today...
          You don't think she should have taken the stand at all or what? She had some bad lines but she also showed a human side. She was going to take the stand so I would have wanted her to go first and then let the experts come in and clean up the bad lines she had.

Also, she had to take the stand in order for them to be able to bring in the star which is going to be the state trooper that investigated the incident and is going to testify now in front of the jurors that he did not think she should have been charged based on the penal code. The only way they would be able to get him up as an expert is if they can bring in testimony from the defendant based on her actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
            You don't think she should have taken the stand at all or what? She had some bad lines but she also showed a human side. She was going to take the stand so I would have wanted her to go first and then let the experts come in and clean up the bad lines she had.

Also, she had to take the stand in order for them to be able to bring in the star which is going to be the state trooper that investigated the incident and is going to testify now in front of the jurors that he did not think she should have been charged based on the penal code. The only way they would be able to get him up as an expert is if they can bring in testimony from the defendant based on her actions.
            Oh I see. I was wondering why they wouldn't allow his testimony, but now I get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Oh I see. I was wondering why they wouldn't allow his testimony, but now I get it.
              It all has to do with him being considered an expert witness as opposed to the investigator that the state called him in as. Now that they've established what their defense is going to be they'll bring him back in as an expert witness.

Comment

• Well after this afternoon's ruling it's going to be almost impossible for the defense to get the lead investigator of the case to testify in front of the jury that he didn't think she committed a crime.

Comment

• Guilty of murder.

Comment

• No way.

Comment

• Whoa!!!

Comment

• Didn't see that coming.

Comment

• I'm shocked but I think she has some legal grounds for appeal. Two experts in the field both said they didn't feel she committed a crime based on the penal code and were not allowed to testify in front of the jury.

Either way I guess no riots for a while.

Comment

• They already have a firm ready to appeal.

The fatal error on her part was opening the door and going in, gun drawn. She decided to go into the apartment, where she testified she heard someone in there, and shoot with the intention to kill that person.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                              I'm shocked but I think she has some legal grounds for appeal. Two experts in the field both said they didn't feel she committed a crime based on the penal code and were not allowed to testify in front of the jury.

Either way I guess no riots for a while.
                              Two biased experts....I cant believe you're still not getting this...

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                                Guilty of murder.

Thank goodness some common sense prevailed in this case. I'm just pissed that the jury didn't have the option of giving her a death sentence.

Without a doubt they will find some kind of trial error and get this kicked out on appeal. The new trial after that it's going to be a circus and she would be a fool not to cop a plea and beg for probation.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X