Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Leather

Pardon the dusty/dirty seat.

So I got back from Colorado last week and when I unloaded my truck I noticed the rear seat looked like this. Didn't really pay much attention to it because whatever it was, it was to late to do anything about it. Figured it was a plastic bag that came apart on the seat or something. Nobody sat right there and we had a plastic box and/or back packs/bags sitting on top of it at various times. Started cleaning up my truck today and took a better look and it looks like some sort of coating on the leather seat was coming apart. Reminds me how your skin peels after a sunburn.

Any ideas what this is?

Pisses me off because I had thought about buying some seat covers before this trip. I had gotten something on the seats on one of my previous trips and it took allot of elbow grease and leather cleaner and conditioner to get it right.

Looks almost like the top layer of the hide chafed through.

Comment

Fuck. That's what I was thinking to

Comment

Domestic car leather has always sucked. Tell ‘em you were gonna buy a C8, but now fuck that I’m getting a Porsche cause their leather doesn’t fall apart.

Comment

put stuff on a seat in a hot car will do that

Comment

Have the same problem with my seats. I ended up getting a cover.

Comment

Call Gold team interior repair, they are mobile and will prolly charge about 125 to fix it. 214 578 1912

Comment

Working...
              X