DFWM down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
    I would think we don't have a better server as there's not enough donations to make it worth while to get on a better server. I believe Kyler loses money on this place...
    Oh, I'm sure he does with the downtime stats. I would lose my sponsorship and fiduciary relationship with Turn5 if my site went down for 4 or 5 days at a time. And when it's up, it's still problematic.

You bet he's seeing diminishing returns. And it's not just due to decreased traffic.

Comment

With as many active members here, $5 per member would probably set us up for a year easy.

Link to send $$?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        With as many active members here, $5 per member would probably set us up for a year easy.

Link to send $$?

Comment

just did my part.

Comment

I don't see the VIP tag next to your name.

What's up?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              I don't see the VIP tag next to your name.

What's up?
              I literally just did it. I was vip for a long time, but this last year or so has been pretty tough financially. I just now had the spare cash to re-up.

Comment

lol...just clicking on the site at random today.

Comment

Do you monitor your error logs in cpanel. Do you enable debugging in config.php to look for errant problems? Do you optimize tables? Do you do anything?
                  Last edited by LS1Goat; 10-18-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

LS1Goat, you on FB?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      LS1Goat, you on FB?
                      Just sent you a message on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        Just sent you a message on FB.
                        I'm as hidden as hidden can be, so it wasn't me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          I'm as hidden as hidden can be, so it wasn't me.
                          LOL..Then right now there is a Bryan somewhere on FB saying WTF??

Comment

Do you monitor your error logs in cpanel. Do you enable debugging in config.php to look for errant problems? Do you optimize tables? Do you do anything?
                            Yes
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Yes
                              Cool. I'm sorry you're having such problems with your hosting situation. Just from the outside looking in it seems to be a chronic issue with downtime and latency. And it's frustrating for the end user. I spend a lot of nights having to troubleshoot issues similar to this and take a moment to check out DFWM and it's always down. 1 - 3am is the worse. I know that you understand 60 - 90 second page loads are unacceptable.

I would have migrated out of there long ago. If it's a money issue, then I'm willing to help out. I'm not talking about a VIP membership. I'm talking about funding you the money to get out of the hell hole that is TierPoint and that crackhole Infinit datacenter. As you can see, there are a lot of people that enjoy the site, as do I. However, it is frustrating to hit that bookmark and get the page not found error. Daily.

Comment

Cool. I'm sorry you're having such problems with your hosting situation. Just from the outside looking in it seems to be a chronic issue with downtime and latency. And it's frustrating for the end user. I spend a lot of nights having to troubleshoot issues similar to this and take a moment to check out DFWM and it's always down. 1 - 3am is the worse. I know that you understand 60 - 90 second page loads are unacceptable.

I would have migrated out of there long ago. If it's a money issue, then I'm willing to help out. I'm not talking about a VIP membership. I'm talking about funding you the money to get out of the hell hole that is TierPoint and that crackhole Infinit datacenter. As you can see, there are a lot of people that enjoy the site, as do I. However, it is frustrating to hit that bookmark and get the page not found error. Daily.
                                Thanks Man

I’m planning to migrate to Azure or AWS, my job and family take priority over investing more time and money into the site, I appreciate the VIP folks as I’m losing money on the site at this point. The hardware is 11 years old hence my move into the cloud.
                                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X