Back Up Camera(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Up Camera(s)

Any suggestions on some good back up cameras for a truck? Mostly need it when backing up my truck to hook up my trailer since I hate getting out constantly to check if my tow hitch is near the coupler.

Not sure if needed, but my truck info is
    2006 GMC Sierra.

Thanks,
    Dirty.

And want something better than the junk they have at Auto Zone.

Comment

I thought VATOzone was your favorite store

Comment

Comment

What kind of headunit do you have? If not video, do you want a new headunit? There are dash mounted stand alone monitors, headunits, and monitors in the mirror. I sell a mirror monitor and camera package for $400 installed. It is wired not wireless. There are two types of wireless systems. The real ones are expensive and work very well. The garbage ones are $99 and suck. I like the cameras that mount behind the license plate and just the camera pokes over the top of the plate. This style is easy to mount and does not block the "TEXAS" on the tag which is illegal but they are a little more expensive.

Comment

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I installed this one yesterday.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3ZN3JK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o00_s00[/ame]

It doesn't have the IR emitters so technically it's not night vision but with the backup lamps it has plenty of light to see everything behind you. I was on the fence between spending $100 or so for a Kenwood branded one but for $20.99 it was worth a shot and it works great.

I'm using a DDX9702S head unit with a R cam interrupt ckt built in.

Comment

Working...
            X