Lets talk convection microwaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk convection microwaves

Lyn and I decided to get a new set of kitchen appliances. They offer a regular microwave and a convection microwave in the style/color we purchased. I was thinking last night about maybe upgrading to the convection microwave, but it is alomst double the price.
    Is a convection microwave all that, really? I was reading and about them today and didn't realize it could brown shit, like a convection oven. Although I don't know how much I would use that, it could make some good bacon!

Anybody have one, and wish they spent less and got the regular microwave?

If on the counter, its usually not worth it. The appliance will not be able to move enough of the heat away and will cause component failure more frequently. If just for novelty or deciding if you want to make the larger commitment to a built in device then, go ahead and give it a try.

If it is an OTR microwave, then yes. You will gain the functionality of an extra "toaster oven" without needing to fire the big oven.

Even more consideration, an upgraded OTR appliance is an addition, albeit small, to the value of your home.

Comment

It is replacing an OTR, so no addition there for a design change, but the wife doesn't want to spend the extra $, so I'm fine with that. Shit, a 6 appliance package cost a small fortune, anything I can save is great! But, I really don't think we would use it all that much.

Comment

Fucking A, I just noticed the sale price, we are going to go and change the order to one, not as much as I thought it was! I'm going to cook bacon in it first!

Comment

Drop a 230V and I can get you an industrial panavision they use at 7-11 and the like!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Drop a 230V and I can get you an industrial panavision they use at 7-11 and the like!
            Sweet, I'll splice the wires into the fuse panel tonight.

Comment

Used the convection microwave for the 1st time yesterday, worked pretty damn good! Better than using the big oven, quicker, less heat in the kitchen.

Note to self, next time heat the Tupperware bowl shit first, the microwave is HOT inside!

Comment

Working...
              X