No announcement yet.

Texas Motorplex Fast Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn't Ennis ever open on a Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
      Shouldnt there be a rule that if you are running street tires you cannot do a burnout? It annoys the shit out of me to watch people with street tires do these Top Fuel burnouts when it does them no good and fucks up the track. I currently am on street tires and I bypass the waterbox and go straight to the line.
      we do the same and i agree, but i do a small burnout

have actually always wondered why all tracks do not tell people with street tires to bypass the water box, easy enough to tell everyone during tech

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
        we do the same and i agree, but i do a small burnout

have actually always wondered why all tracks do not tell people with street tires to bypass the water box, easy enough to tell e...veryone during tech
        Because they may scare off business. If someone thinks they are going to be looked down upon for having street tires they might not buy a tech card to race. At least that's what the track thinks.....

Comment

guess i am missing the reasoning there, why would it scare off someone if, you pull up to tech (ususally in staging), get explained to that the water box is for slick and dr cars only, having a street tire go thru will only hurt your time........a simple explination would go alot farther than people think.
          i have to daily explain simple stuff to me about plants, trees and grasses to people, but to them it didnt make sense, until someone explained it to them in an easy to understand way, then you see the light go on.

Comment

because people nervous scared sheep and will use anything as an excuse for something to complain about.

also most causal racers enjoy the burnout more than the actual race itself

Comment

Crickets.... So many things to comment about them while racing.

Race called due to them
              Timing system issues
              lost a round in dragster due to a fucking cricket in helmet.
              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

never said you couldnt do a burnout, just skip the water.......we do one everytime on the street tires w/o water

Comment

I do a small burn out on street tires myself as it keeps them from spinning. I bypass the waterbox but back up to the edge of it to get the tires wet. A burn out on street tires help them hook.

Comment

Originally posted by kennybo View Post
                    Why isn't Ennis ever open on a Saturday or Sunday?
                    We will be open saturday november 3rd for Paytons passes. Next year we are going to have at least a saturday a month.

Comment

Also to all the input on here. I ordered a sign this morning to put next to the Water Box saying, Street Tires go around water. And that is a good idea for my tech guy to mention that. I cant stop them from doing it but We can help them understand why it's not benificial.

Comment

great, i cant do anything but help those who dont know

Comment

So we are going to try something new on our next fast friday. I will be placing a cone out on the starting line that will be in the middle grove and when a radial car or slick car comes up my guy's will move it to allow them to line up in the groove. Maybe that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasMotorplex.com View Post
                            So we are going to try something new on our next fast friday. I will be placing a cone out on the starting line that will be in the middle grove and when a radial car or slick car comes up my guy's will move it to allow them to line up in the groove. Maybe that will help.
                            Ballsy, but awesome. Open that mofo on a Saturday or Sunday so some of us working folks who don't live close can come.

Comment

Actually next starting in feb. We will have at least one saturday a month. We are also open November 3rd for Paytons passes. We will be racing during the day.

Comment

Any chance of adding a small bracket or index race to these test and tunes nights? Something for the grass roots budget racer to enjoy and add a little bit of fun to the normal tnt night? Entry is cheap, maybe a couple dollars, and the winner gets a % of the pot and bragging rights.

Back in the day Ennis ran the High School bracket series. It was a blast and did not take much time out of the TNT sessions.
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X