sounddeadening installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounddeadening installation

I just bought a few boxes and tools, but I dont have any time to do the installation of the dynamat. Do audio shops do the installation of this stuff? I've done it before on a few cars because I'm cheap but it is tedious plus I am slow and don't know best practices so I'm sure someone could do it much better than I can, and now that I can afford it, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. I have a 2006 300C and live on the east side of town, any recommendations?

They should, and it won't be cheap. It's a pain in the ass.

Comment

I don't mind paying the cost, I just don't want to hire someone that will do a worse job than I would. I figured it would be $500-$1000 in labor.

Comment

Go see Eric at Auto Sound Bedford
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

EW for real. I till see him on here from time to time.

Comment

I want to go out there but its so far. I work from home and I can drop my car off and pick it up a few days later, but if its around this part of dallas I can uber home and uber back to pick it up, Bedford is too far for that. I'm out in Mesquite.

Comment

I don't know if this is even a thing, but have you talked to a body shop? They deal with all the exact same crap, (taking out carpet and seats and door panels and shit) and they just might do it for a lot cheaper. I'd give a few of them a call before I paid the uber prices that the audio shops would want for that.
              WH

Comment

Is Joseph's Car Audio still a thing out there?
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Labor is $75/hr. Sound deadener installation usually averages out to $45/4sqft sheet when doing multiple sheets. Doing one sheet per door or one sheet under the carpet will be higher because I can not average out the removal/reinstallation of door panels, carpet, etc. Additional grief is extra. Removing the console may be extra. Some people online make sheet metal panels, ABS panels, fiberglass panels, etc. to cover large holes in the inner door skin. Quotes on such panels will be on case by case basis.
                  Sound deadener installation is time consuming hard work but the results are worth it IMO.

Comment

Is there a particular brand you think is better than the others, EW?

Comment

Sound deadener Showdown is supposedly the best, but they're also the most expensive. If you do everything you're looking at thousands of dollars worth of sound deadening just in one vehicle.

WH

Comment

There are different materials for different purposes but the Stinger product is the best value IMO. Butyl rubber and thicker aluminum than most. Their carpet pad is excellent too. Dynamat and hushmat are really expensive in comparison. The most a customer has ever spent with me is $2500 for all parts and labor to gut an F250, cover every square inch with material including inner and outer door skins, under hood plus hood liner, as well as carpet pad. It was amazing.

Comment

It always boggles my mind that people only use the stick on "dynamat" style and never use the rubber/foam/ vinyl mats. I layered my 66 from toe board to package tray in Second Skin luxury liner (old style) and it was night and day difference even after a complete covering of rattle deadener.

Save on 1 lb mass loaded vinyl rolls. Customize or choose your roll size based on dimensions (4x25, 4.5x30) or square feet (60 sq ft, 100 sq ft)

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                            $2500 for all parts and labor to gut an F250, cover every square inch with material including inner and outer door skins, under hood plus hood liner, as well as carpet pad. It was amazing.
                            The job itself, or the effects? Can you please expand upon how well it worked

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            It always boggles my mind that people only use the stick on "dynamat" style and never use the rubber/foam/ vinyl mats.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/lux...-ft-full-roll/

How did this affect carpet fitment, around the edges where the carpet meets the trim and trim panels? In my mind, you've got to be looking at a half an inch of new thickness added to the floor.
                            WH

Comment

It's s noticeable amount but I left slight gaps around the edges where the kick panel meets as that was the only area that would cause fitment issues.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X