Viper alarm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viper alarm help

I lost my viper keyfob a while back on my other car and ordered a replacement programmed it correctly with it beeping afterwards and now it wont transmit or car wont pick it up. Antenna is like 8years old by now but I was wondering if you can test a antenna to see if its transmitting to the remote since its a 2 way remote start sytem.

Are you sure you have the same exact remote?
    Look closely at the wires going into the plug on the antenna. The wires are small and the sun shrinks the shielding causing the wires to touch each other or the wires will become disconnected from the antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      Are you sure you have the same exact remote?
      Look closely at the wires going into the plug on the antenna. The wires are small and the sun shrinks the shielding causing the wires to touch each other or the wires will become disconnected from the antenna.
      positive on the remote and that's the problem I have with the wires they are close together and no heat protection anymore so I can't be sure if it works or not. I was hoping it would be like some test to determine if its working or not.

Comment

Working...
      X