Used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used trucks

I’m getting close to being in the market for a used truck. I have been lusting over the 15 and up tundras but I realize they can get pricey. I don’t care much for the Ford truck looks but understand the prices are a little lower. I have never had a Chevy and have always felt they were too expensive for what they are. Dodge....no thanks.

What’s the overall feelings about the Tundras vs F150’s?

I’m not looking for a hauler or work type truck. We have the occasional camping trip and hauling of the typical gardening type stuff at home. I just need a daily driver that can hold a family with 2 boys comfortably and handle a 25 mile a day trip downtown on mostly highway.

I just went through this and couldn't be happier with my decision to go with an F150 over the Tundra. Everything about the tundra is old. It's such an out of date truck aside from the safety sense P.

The f150 wins in towing, fuel economy, power, price and more.

My f150 stickerd at 45K and I only paid in the 33s after all the incentives. It was near 10K cheaper than the nearest equipped tundra I saw.

Comment

If you get the Tundra, be sure to sign up for the douche bag driver program they offer. I think it's a requirement to ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        I just went through this and couldn't be happier with my decision to go with an F150 over the Tundra. Everything about the tundra is old. It's such an out of date truck aside from the safety sense P.

The f150 wins in towing, fuel economy, power, price and more.

My f150 stickerd at 45K and I only paid in the 33s after all the incentives. It was near 10K cheaper than the nearest equipped tundra I saw.
        Can you elaborate on the out of date comment? I’m coming off of a 2001 tacoma with a tape deck, so this all might be relative.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        If you get the Tundra, be sure to sign up for the douche bag driver program they offer. I think it's a requirement to ownership.
        Hey, I post here, I’m already in the douche bag club of america

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
          That's the other reason I stayed away. I was embarrassed just sitting in the thing. It just screams flat billed hat, skinny jeans and pro hormones.

Comment

Friend of mine that does a lot of travelling, RV pulling / trailer with a rock crawler loves his 2016 Yota he bought two years ago. Says he will never buy anything else. After owning my Titan a while I am actually very impressed with it. It is an 06 Limited but funny how far ahead of the big three they were back in the day in my opinion. Lots of integrated stuff that's well thought out. If mine was 4x4 I would keep it for ever but I have been eyeballing newer 4x4 stuff even though this thing has 34k on it. I looked at a new 4x4 Pro Rock the other day. I think they wanted 60k for it. It was Diesel and lifted but damn.

Prior to this I owned two FX4's 12/13's and they were really nice and I had really only a couple of complaints. The 4x4 switch was plastic and broke the face off, the rear quarter doors only open about 3/4 of the way and that drove me nuts. The 5.0 was plenty of power and it was super comfy. I liked the way it looked and how the interior was laid out.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I’m thoroughly impressed with my Sierra with the 6.2 and 8 speed trans. No complaints so far. It pulls way better than my last 5.3 truck. Just a few mods and she’s quite fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Can you elaborate on the out of date comment? I’m coming off of a 2001 tacoma with a tape deck, so this all might be relative.

Hey, I post here, I’m already in the douche bag club of america
                The powertrain is antiquated and the body style is going on 11 years. Fuel efficiency is trash and the tow rating sucks when comparing comparably priced competition.

It's like buying a Nokia brick phone when you could have an iphone for the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  The powertrain is antiquated and the body style is going on 11 years. Fuel efficiency is trash and the tow rating sucks when comparing comparably priced competition.

It's like buying a Nokia brick phone when you could have an iphone for the same price.
                  Give me the brick phone everyday in that scenario. Not only does it do everything I need a phone to do, I could beat you to death with it and still have a functioning phone.

Comment

The Tundras are very, very nice. But as said above they are very, very plain in terms of technology and bells and whistles. It seems like they're a decade behind the competition. They're also worst in class in fuel mileage. Over half the guys I work with drive Tundras, but for them it's all about resale due to the # of miles we drive. Toyota also doesn't budge on pricing. At least not in my experience. They will take the abuse of high mileage and the resale prices are outrageous.

My brother has a '15 LTZ Silverado, and that thing is always in the shop. It's nice, but I think it's been in the shop a dozen times since he bought it in 16-17.

I love my '15 Ram, and I loved the '12 Ram I had previously. So much so that I just bought another 2012 to keep the miles off the '15.

I just can't bring myself to even drive a Tundra. They're ugly as fuck, and I HATED the Titan Matt had many years ago. That thing was a fucking shitbox.

I was very close to buying a new F-150 before I got the 15 Ram, but the deal just wasn't right for me. Nice trucks. They have their own problems too though, well documented.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      I have never had a Chevy and have always felt they were too expensive for what they are. Dodge....no thanks.
                      That's how I've always felt about the Fords lol. I do like ford in general, but they can be damn proud of their stuff. And yeah dodge can take a flyin' fuckin leap, nobody should ever buy dodge. An kindergartener could design a more reliable truck.

Toyota does seem to keep the same engine design for a long time. Maybe its part of their plan, they get something going that works, and they just run that for as long as they can for reputation's sake. On reliability, and parts price and availability. But if I just had to have a Tundra I'd check out the aftermarket parts first and what kind of power you can squeeze out of them within reason. The one I drove didn't really want to pull a boat up a hill.
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        That's how I've always felt about the Fords lol. I do like ford in general, but they can be damn proud of their stuff. And yeah dodge can take a flyin' fuckin leap, nobody should ever buy dodge. An kindergartener could design a more reliable truck.

Toyota does seem to keep the same engine design for a long time. Maybe its part of their plan, they get something going that works, and they just run that for as long as they can for reputation's sake. On reliability, and parts price and availability. But if I just had to have a Tundra I'd check out the aftermarket parts first and what kind of power you can squeeze out of them within reason. The one I drove didn't really want to pull a boat up a hill.
                        I know I’m going to regret asking this, but what experience do you have with the 4th gen Rams to make that claim?

I’ve put over 200k miles on my Rams and only one was in the shop, one time (evap leak). The ‘12 I just bought has 202k on it, and it’s first trip to the shop was about 500 miles ago. So tell me more about these kindergartners designing more reliable trucks.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I am a heavy line tech at a dodge dealer, anything you want to know about them just ask. The Hemi engine is a decent engine, but has a few very common problems some can be very pricy to fix. The trans are complete shit as they have always been unless you get one with an 8 speed.

I just bought 2 2017 f150's last october and could not be happier. We got the wife a crew cab 2wd with the 2.7, and myself a regular cab 2.7 2wd for commuting. To say I am impressed with the engine is an understatement. Honestly it has plenty of power to haul anything I would ever want to haul with a half ton, and they get mid 20's mpg on the highway, upper 20's in my regular cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            I am a heavy line tech at a dodge dealer, anything you want to know about them just ask. The Hemi engine is a decent engine, but has a few very common problems some can be very pricy to fix. The trans are complete shit as they have always been unless you get one with an 8 speed.

I just bought 2 2017 f150's last october and could not be happier. We got the wife a crew cab 2wd with the 2.7, and myself a regular cab 2.7 2wd for commuting. To say I am impressed with the engine is an understatement. Honestly it has plenty of power to haul anything I would ever want to haul with a half ton, and they get mid 20's mpg on the highway, upper 20's in my regular cab.
                            I had originally ruled out the 2.7 completely until a salesman finally talked me into driving one. With the 3.55s its certainly quick enough to not make me hate life and the mileage is great for road trips. My supercrew 4x4 got low 20s going to broken bow last week

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I know I’m going to regret asking this, but what experience do you have with the 4th gen Rams to make that claim?

I’ve put over 200k miles on my Rams and only one was in the shop, one time (evap leak). The ‘12 I just bought has 202k on it, and it’s first trip to the shop was about 500 miles ago. So tell me more about these kindergartners designing more reliable trucks.
                              I’ve got 370k on a 3rd gen, 2500 with a 6.7. It’s never been on a tow truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X