So you want a FAMAS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you want a FAMAS?

I would buy one if they were reasonably priced, but there are less than 120 in the USA that Century Arms imported in the 80s-

These are extremely collectible, but replacement parts are... well... non existant. Also, the G1 famas uses a proprietary magazine and will not accept stanag mags. The F1 model only works with the older M193 (55 grain) 5.56x45mm ammunition too. The french are even considering dumping the weapon-

Rumors that the French military are considering dropping the FAMAS rifle have been spreading fast across the internet. The speculation arose from a post [English translation] at The Mammoth, a French milblog. I asked Aurelien, an authority on the French military, what he thought of these rumors. I was surprised when he told me that … Read More …

According to a guy who owns one-

"The Semi-Auto FAMAS is called the MAS.223 and was Imported many years ago by Century Arms.

There are only about 100/120 Imported......Most likely a "One Time" shipment and These few tooks YEARS to sell. In 1988 the FAMAS was $995...... The FAMAS is almost impossible to mount Optics, so you better like Iron Sights. They shoot very well, handling is Very Good, very compact, very Sharp recoil, but stays well on target."

The famas works by using a very unique lever delayed blowback system that I find interesting (delayed blowback has always been interesting to me)-

Anyways, I just posted this thread because I was perusing gunbroker and came across one... for $8,000

Now if I had the cash, I might just buy the thing! Keep in mind that these would have been imported prior to the Bush import ban, so they would not be a modern day century hack job, but 100% correct from Felin!
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Just buy it... Lol

I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for bullpup designs. I would still like to have a kel-tec rfb.

Comment

Maybe if I was a bullpup looking rifle fan. Until then there's cooler stuff at $8k.

Comment

What's the old joke about French battle rifles?

Seriously though, the are cool. I remember when they were being imported. They were too expensive then and are wayyyy too expensive now though.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I wouldn't mind an L85/SA80 if they ever came around, but nah, no FAMAS for me (8 G's for a semi-auto 5.56 assault rifle? Le fail). There are perfectly serviceable Steyr Aug clones running around I could buy if I just had to have a bullpup.
          Last edited by YALE; 07-14-2011, 05:20 AM.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Is it me or is that guy on the forum picture missing some fingers?

Comment

If you do decide to buy one of these I can help you out with spare parts if you need them.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
              X