Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were buzzed by an F-16 today.

Sounds like bullshit but it's not.

As most of you know, Eric (talisman) and I are on a roadtrip through the western US right now. We had just filled the rental GT up at Middletown NV and were headed to Ely NV at about 105mph. Eric was driving so I was just checking out the scenery when I saw something approaching from the right in my peripheral vision. I thought it might be a bird since it was low and coming in fast. I turned just in time to see an F-16 coming in level and at eyeball height! Before I could even yell "SHIT!", he banked vertical and buzzed us. The windshield was full of fighter plane. Scared the crap out of both of us!

That was just about the coolest thing that's ever happened to us, so how was your day?
    When the government pays, the government controls.

thats fucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Sounds like bullshit but it's not.

As most of you know, Eric (talisman) and I are on a roadtrip through the western US right now. We had just filled the rental GT up at Middletown NV and were headed to Ely NV at about 105mph. Eric was driving so I was just checking out the scenery when I saw something approaching from the right in my peripheral vision. I thought it might be a bird since it was low and coming in fast. I turned just in time to see an F-16 coming in level and at eyeball height! Before I could even yell "SHIT!", he banked vertical and buzzed us. The windshield was full of fighter plane. Scared the crap out of both of us!

That was just about the coolest thing that's ever happened to us, so how was your day?
      Stay out of classified areas! Glad y'all are having a blast, but you still suck balls for being on an amazing roadtrip.

Comment

Sounds like it was out of Fallon. When I was on rotary we would do that to the guys out in the dunes on the CA, AZ border. Tell you what, nothing will give you a chub like getting buzzed by one of those fast movers though

Comment

That was probably the coolest thing I have seen in my life. I'm cruising at 105 and I guess this pilot wanted to show us REAL power. I heard it, and before I could even turn my head, there was an F16 200 feet off the deck and eighth of a mile in front of us with his left wing vertical to the ground in a hard bank. The noise was stupifying. It took up the entire windshield we were that close. I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face every time I've thought about it. I think that was probably the craziest thing that has happened to me in my entire life. Probably had a better chance of winning the lottery.

Comment

I caaaan't quit youuuuuu.

Comment

Probably on a low-level. Was it the normal gray color or one of the Aggressor paint schemes? (camo blue or tan)

Cool shit though!

Comment

Cool!
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                George Orwell

Comment

We've had One toy with us outside Of Abilene... He was not that low but definitely felt like we were being stalked...

Comment

So who hugs who at night?
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

It was probably higher than you think and was on a MTR. f16's are probably the local air national guard. Nothing out of the oridnary. I got buzzed by a f22 and a uh-60 on 3 different occasions in a 800lb aircraft.Talk about scary

Comment

pics or it didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                          It was probably higher than you think and was on a MTR. f16's are probably the local air national guard. Nothing out of the oridnary. I got buzzed by a f22 and a uh-60 on 3 different occasions in a 800lb aircraft.Talk about scary

If they were on their way to Ely I doubt it was national guard..... Nellis AFB uses that whole area as one big range. My Grandparents house was in Pioche NV.... It is a mining town up on a hill I have many fond memories of watching B-52's fly below the level of the house down in the valley. The AF had to replace almost every window in the town in the 70's...Some clown broke the sound barrier and broke a ton of shit....

Edit Middletown NV.... Just yahoo mapped it and it is way close to NAS Fallon.. Was the jet painted up like a Russian? Top Gun out there has a few F-16's done up that way.... The ANG in Reno flys Hercs so it can't be them.

Re-re edit... If you go through Reno and it looks like you are on that route. Stop at the Half Way Club off Rock or Virginia in Sparks.... Awsome Raviolis I have been eating there since I was in the womb... If you stop say hello to Inez she should be 88 or 89 this year...
                          Last edited by Couver; 09-14-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

remember the guy with guy sleeping order. pole to pole, or hole to hole, but never pole to hole.

Comment

sounds romantic! you lovebirds have fun. and yes i am jealous. of the trip, NOT THE BUTTSECKS

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X