Oil psi issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil psi issue.

So I just got to where I could prime my oil system. I have an aftermarket gauge, and it read 54 psi, steady. So I primed it for a min or so. After that, I took the valve cover on the drivers side off just to check for oil at the rocker arms. There were only 3 with oil coming off of them. I'm not sure what causes this. I soaked all of the lifters, (they were brand new). And there is all new pushrods in it as well. I was shooting in the dark, so I rotated the engine over about 10 degrees or so by hand and primed again. I have oil coming from another rocker arm now. So I have a total of 4 now. Just curious if you have to rotate the engine to get oil to the rocker arms, and also, how long do I need to prime to expect oil? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Geoff
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Ok, so I just went back out and rotated the engine while I was pre lubing. I got oil out of all of the rocker arms. Only thing is that the #5 cylinder front (sorry, I can't recall which valve it is) rocker arm isn't really getting any oil. I pre lubed and continued to rotate the engine. I eventually got a little bit in the center of the rocker arm. I didn't continue long after that. Just curious what the small amount of flow could be from other than a clogged oil passage or bad lifter?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Oh, and I didn't even think about it. But the engine in question is a 302 based 347.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

So, I pulled that one rocker arm and pushrod. Pushrod is clear of obstructions. I primed the engine, and oil is just barely coming out of that lifter. Shouldn't it be squirting out?
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, when I redid my GT years ago, mine was just dripping out not a squirt. It always had good oil pressure. 70 at start up and 50-55 when warm.
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I'm getting oil flowing pretty damn good out of most of them. And at least coming out and running over the top of the rocker arm on all of them... except that one. I am pissed that it looks like I have a bad lifter. They are freakin' brand new ones, and they weren't cheap ones either.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

It sure sounds like a blockage too me, but you said you checked that right? This has me scratching my head too..
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Yeah, well I checked the pushrod. They were new, and I checked them prior to installation. So, I would have thought that oil would be pouring or shooting out of the lifter. I almost want to pull another one and see how the oil comes out of that lifter.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                  Yeah, well I checked the pushrod. They were new, and I checked them prior to installation. So, I would have thought that oil would be pouring or shooting out of the lifter. I almost want to pull another one and see how the oil comes out of that lifter.
                  I am looking to see what I can find.
                  2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Thanks. Unfortunately the oil loop isn't that complicated (I don't think). I think that it has to be a lifter.
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Just a thought swap it with a different pushrod and from the engine, and see if the problem is in the pushrod.

And well that is what I thought too. I was going to say a bad lifter.
                      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                        Just curious if you have to rotate the engine to get oil to the rocker arms, and also, how long do I need to prime to expect oil? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Geoff
                        Yep to get oil everywhere you have to rotate the engine. If the lifter is on top of the cam lobe it's not lined up with the oil hole in the lifter boss. If your still not getting oil to #5 make sure it is not on the cam lobe. I would just start it and then check it if there's no oil within 30-40 seconds then you might have a problem. and I would bet on a obstruction in the oil galley before a bad lifter.

Comment

U might be having the same problem I had, do u have a small base circle cam?? If so u are going to have to modify ur lifter and cut a band into them to get the oil up to the oil hole on the lifter

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

They don't spray oil all the time. Only when the oil port in the lifter is lined up with the port in the lifter bore. Only then (when it is lined up) with oil go from the bore, to the lifter, up the pushrod, and out onto the rocker.

What kind of cam are you running?
                            sigpic
                            The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                              U might be having the same problem I had, do u have a small base circle cam?? If so u are going to have to modify ur lifter and cut a band into them to get the oil up to the oil hole on the lifter
                              I'm not sure if it's a small base circle cam or not? Here is a link to it...

Anderson Ford Motorsport is the ultimate source of high-quality Ford Mustang performance and racing parts. We provide parts for classic and modern engines.

Also, it's only one that isn't getting oil. If I had to modify them, wouldn't they all be having the problem?
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                              X